25th September 2012, 10:02 PM
rishirakesh

Will I have a chance to get into software field after completing MCA?

I have 3years education gap between 12th and degree... i have completed MCA... do i have a chance to get into sofrware field... For which companies, i have chance to apply for a job??? Plzz reply

26th September 2012, 10:02 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I have a chance to get into software field after completing MCA?

Well three years gap in education is too much for a job in any reputed IT company. You can still make it in the software field but just forget about getting job in Infosys, Microsoft, HCL, Wipro etc.

None of these companies would hire you. The maximum they would accept is 2 years gap in education. 3 is just too much to expect any job from these companies. Therefore I am sorry to break the bad news to you but forget about getting job in good companies.

You will have to target mid level companies and the ones that are not as strict as some of the mentioned above. Please don't feel disappointed as you can still get a job in software field. Like I mentioned earlier there are several mid level companies that would easily hire you. Similarly small IT companies would also be happy to hire you.

However a lot depends on who well you performed throughout academic career. What I mean is that when applying for job your entire academic performance would be analysed. However in some cases only MCA marks would be considered.

To make it less confusing, you need at least 55 percent marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and MCA to get job in some of the mid level companies. There are few companies that would even hire you on 50 percent marks throughout academic career.

Some companies where you can apply are:

Sify Limited

Patni

NIIT Technologies

GTL Limited

Covansys (I) Pvt. Ltd

Hexaware Technology

L&T Infotech

Kanbay Software India Pvt. Ltd
26th September 2012, 11:31 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

Default Re: Will I have a chance to get into software field after completing MCA?

See, 3 yrs gap is so unexpected, but I am not going to disappoint u, first of all MCA from where either from Distant Learning / Regular, of course Regular is more valuable than Distant as well as marks / rankings is also company's criteria. However, U have to first try some of small companies from where u can gain real life experience / hands on experience, and if possible do any global certs on particular area / software in which u may feel comfortable it will help u to expertise in same area and find a suitable job for U.
26th September 2012, 12:47 PM
bhaskar51

Smile Re: Will I have a chance to get into software field after completing MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishirakesh View Post
I have 3years education gap between 12th and degree... i have completed MCA... do i have a chance to get into sofrware field... For which companies, i have chance to apply for a job??? Plzz reply
Well three years gap in education is too much for a job in any reputed IT company. ...dnt loose your patience...you can do job in software companies

None of these companies would hire you. The maximum they would accept is 2 years gap in education. 3 is just too much to expect any job from these companies. Therefore I am sorry to break the bad news to you but forget about getting job in good companies.

You will have to target mid level companies and the ones that are not as strict as some of the mentioned above. Please don't feel disappointed as you can still get a job in software field. Like I mentioned earlier there are several mid level companies that would easily hire you. Similarly small IT companies would also be happy to hire you.

However a lot depends on who well you performed throughout academic career. What I mean is that when applying for job your entire academic performance would be analysed. However in some cases only MCA marks would be considered.

To make it less confusing, you need at least 55 percent marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and MCA to get job in some of the mid level companies. There are few companies that would even hire you on 50 percent marks throughout academic career.

Some companies where you can apply are:

Sify Limited

Patni

NIIT Technologies

GTL Limited

Covansys (I) Pvt. Ltd

Hexaware Technology

L&T Infotech

Kanbay Software India Pvt. Ltd
30th September 2012, 12:06 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishirakesh View Post
  • 3 yrs gap is so unexpected, but I am not going to disappoint u, first of all MCA from where either from Distant Learning / Regular, of course Regular is more valuable than Distant as well as marks / rankings is also company's criteria.
  • However, U have to first try some of small companies from where u can gain real life experience / hands on experience, and if possible do any global certs on particular area / software in which u may feel comfortable it will help u to expertise in same area and find a suitable job for U.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?