8th April 2010, 07:46 PM
raj005

Will my career be affected if I dropped/lost two years after passing 12th Boards?

After 12th boards I was sent off to Delhi for further studies and I didn't fare well enough there and as a result I returned back to my home town in the 1st year.Now I want to know:

I lost two years in the graduation process. Will this affect my future career?

8th April 2010, 08:55 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will my career be affected if I dropped/lost two years after passing 12th Boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj005 View Post
After 12th boards I was sent off to Delhi for further studies and I didn't fare well enough there and as a result I returned back to my home town in the 1st year.Now I want to know:

I dont think it will affect much but year when you will apply for the job you have to provide something called GAP certificate. But dont worry about this now.

Even the IIT JEE preparing candidates droppers miss their 1 year and so they will also have to provide the drop certificate one day.

So dont worry anymore forget your past and think about your future as future is in your hands now
8th April 2010, 09:26 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will my career be affected if I dropped/lost two years after passing 12th Boards?

dear,
it is important to understand that it is painful to live away from parents and continuing studies.......

what has happened to you is very common for those who go outside for studies .........

dont worry ,
although in the present scenario if you loose even months it affects a lot in future ........but career never ends at that moment .............

now that you dont feel comfortable staying outside your home town .....search for the best institute near your place........

get admission into it and make your self so good and comfortable in it ....... that even at the time of placement or interviews it becomes a minor topic of discussion......

best of luck
8th April 2010, 09:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
I understand how feel but you are limiting yourself
but dont worry, just search a good college and
complete your graduation, my dear the career never
finished, you have to make your career own.............

all the best....
8th April 2010, 11:01 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
please do not worry,
it must effected your carrier, but do not lose your confidence or moral,
there you can still make a very good carrier,
so lets starts new journey from right now.
o k
all the best
9th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

no its om please dont give up even now you can continue your studies there are places where u can get admission throgh lateral entry or if you want to start it again then you can apply for various colleges
9th April 2010, 01:29 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

hi,
need not worry ,there will be no affect on your career
just remember one thing.
hard work always pays
so now do hard work and try to get the best results which is possible and you will be automatically selected in an good company
all the best for your future
9th April 2010, 01:22 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear freind
it will affect but but not to that much extent so from now dont waste ur valuable time
work hard and proceed in right direction you will definetly reach your goal
all the best
31st May 2010, 11:08 PM
drdo99
Banned

dear friend,
do hard work and try to get the best results which is possible and you will be automatically selected in an good company
all the best for your future
thanking you.
15th August 2010, 11:06 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, as you have lost two years after passing 12th Boards, so it will be better to do professional courses.

you can do lots of courses after your +2.

some of career oriented courses are given below

1.BBA.

2.BCA.

3.LLB.

4.CA.

5.Hotel management.

all the best.......
6th December 2010, 05:46 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

It is painful to hear that you have lost two years but you can still come back and make out a career.

You can write your competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE and CET of your respective state if you wish to go for Engineering stream.

If your not interested towards engineering sector then you have lot of courses like
B.Sc,BBA,BBM,Hotel management courses,Aviation courses,Charted Accountancy.

It all depends upon your interest that you choose one among the given course.All the courses have a bright future if you fetch good marks.

all the best
23rd February 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i m huge upset coz when i wil get admision in b.tech i wud be droped 2 year after 12 .my allies are way ahead. my morale is really down.what sud i do that i can give best .i really wanna a successful person..please anyone help me...
24th February 2011, 01:17 PM
biswaranjan9

No, your career will not be affected if I dropped/lost two years after passing 12th Boards.
30th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

i had scored 90% in class 12 (without any coaching either for school or for iit) so i decided to drop a year.I went to kota where i joined resonance. I maintained top batch right throughout the year but because of neglecting chemistry i ended up with:
physics-110
maths-117
chem 12
now i am planning to drop another year for iiit hyderabad cse! i want to know about the pros and cons about dropping another year!
30th April 2011, 11:19 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea two years drop may effect your career. but you must secure good result in your further study to cover this gap.

first of all you have to show the reason for the drop when you will arrive in any job campusing. now you have to show that these two years drop is used to improve your talent or knowledge by showing good result after the drop.

few company does not allow candidate those have year gap more than one year. so you will not be eligible for that type of company. some company does not allow after two years gap between study. so you must be careful about year study so that you can stay keep away from the year drop.

don't worry now just concentrate on your study. surely you will do better in your future then after few experience these year drop will not effect your career.

best of luck.
30th April 2011, 11:45 PM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj005 View Post

hi dear,

WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY

i don't think so that this will affect your future career.
if you have potential for further studies then you can definitely restudy and begin your carrer from the new way.
Thanks
30th April 2011, 11:52 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

I understand how feel but you are limiting yourself
but dont worry, just search a good college and
complete your graduation, my dear the career never
finished, you have to make your career own....
1st May 2011, 12:03 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

yea two years drop may effect your career.

first of all you have to show the reason for the drop when you will arrive in any job campusing. now you have to show that these two years drop is used to improve your talent or knowledge by showing good result after the drop.

few company does not allow candidate those have year gap more than one year. so you will not be eligible for that type of company. some company does not allow after two years gap between study. so you must be careful about year study so that you can stay keep away from the year drop.
1st May 2011, 01:16 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

no its om please dont give up even now you can continue your studies there are places where u can get admission throgh lateral entry or if you want to start it again then you can apply for various colleges
3rd August 2011, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

hello, I am currently studying in a state government engineering college. This year I had given aieee while in college. I am currently getting nit raipur chemical. If I take it, then there would be two year gap between my class 12th and college. should I take it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?