19th September 2015, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Will my campus placement chances get affected due to 3 years gap between 12th and Graduation?

I am currently in final year of MCA. I have 3 years gap period between my 12th and BCA as I was doing MEDICAL COACHING; although I have good percentage all over (10th 85%,12th 84%,BCA 75%,MCA 83% till now).
Will my campus placement chances be affected by this 3 years gap period? Will the companies take my gap reason positively?
In which companies do I still have chances to get placed?

Related Questions:
  1. Will my campus placement get affected if I have 3 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  2. Is it possible to get into job via Campus Placement if I have 2 years study gap?
  3. Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?
  4. Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?
  5. Am I elgible to attend HCL Technologies Off-Campus Interview if having a gap of 4 years in between 12th and Graduation?
  6. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Chances to attend L&T Infotech Off-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 55% with a gap of 2 years in B.E.(CSE)?
  8. Am I eligible for syntel campus placement if I have 1 year gap in studies?
  9. Gap between 10th and 12th will affect during campus placement of Accenture and Ericsson?
  10. Will there be a problem to get placement if I have one year gap and less marks in 12th?
  11. Am I eligible for Syntel Campus Placement having 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and another year gap between 12th and BE?
  12. Will my 12th low marks and a year gap affect campus placements?
  13. Am I eligible for engineering campus placement with 1 year gap between 12th?
  14. Can I sit for wipro, infosys, TCS and other campus placement having secured 61% in 10th,70% in 12th,65% in B.TECH and also having 2 years gap in my academics?
  15. How can I sit for TCS campus placement if I have 1 year gap between 12th and diploma?
  16. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?
  17. Will there be a problem getting a job in iGate via campus placement if I have academic gap?
  18. Will my 12th percentage affect my campus placement?
19th September 2015, 07:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my campus placement chances get affected due to 3 years gap between 12th and Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently in final year of MCA. I have 3 years gap period between my 12th and BCA as I was doing MEDICAL COACHING; although I have good percentage all over (10th 85%,12th 84%,BCA 75%,MCA 83% till now).
Will my campus placement chances be affected by this 3 years gap period? Will the companies take my gap reason positively?
In which companies do I still have chances to get placed?
You have more than two years gap throughout the studies so you are not eligible for campus recruitment. The eligibility criteria for campus recruitment is given below.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for companies is,

Companies= 60%

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for companies recruitment.

Selection process for companies recruitment:-

1. Aptitude test
2. Technical interview
3. Personal interview
19th September 2015, 11:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my campus placement chances get affected due to 3 years gap between 12th and Graduation?

The top companies in the field of Information technology for the MCA candidates are:

1. TCS

2. IBM

3. HCL

4. Infosys.

5. Wipro etc.

All these companies require that candidate must have done 10th, 10+2, bachelor's degree and master's degree with at least 60%.

The maximum gap between studies allowed in these companies, so there is very less chance that you will be able to sit in recruitment drive of these companies. So definitely your gap between studies will affect your campus placement opportunity.
20th September 2015, 01:38 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is true that your campus placements will get affected. This is because most of the companies have set an eligibility criteria by which any candidate having more than two years of academic gap will not be eligible to sit in their recruitment drive. Hence you will not be eligible for most of the companies. However, there is nothing to get disheartened as there are many companies which do not take the academic gap into consideration for eligibility in their recruitment drive.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?