21st October 2010, 02:29 PM
Sowmven

Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

Hi,
I have 5 years of exp .Please let me know which will be better wipro or TCS?
got offer for around 6.2L pa.Let me know whether it is fine or less?
and various factors: job security, onsite, hike...

Related Questions:
  1. IBM or TCS which company is better for 7 years experience holder?
  2. How much is the salary for TCS company?
  3. Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?
  4. Which is better between Electronics and Communication for B.Tech ECE student? Is there any specialized course in Communication in TCS and Wipro? Should I do networking to get job in TCS or Wipro?
  5. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  6. Should I join and do M.Tech if WIPRO WASE is offering less salary than TCS?
  7. What is the job criteria to apply for WIPRO, TCS company?
  8. Should i go for a job in WIPRO or specialize in a language?
  9. Which is better to join among Wipro with M.Tech and TCS without Master's Degree?
  10. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  11. Job type after joining companies like Infosys, TCS etc after B.Tech?
  12. Which is better to join if selected in both TCS and Wipro WASE?
  13. Chance to get admission to MS course in Germany after scoring 68% in B.Tech with 4.5 years experience in communication?
  14. Can I get a job in Infosys, TCS, Wipro or any other IT company?
  15. What is the salary package for freshers in CTS?
  16. Can I get job in MNC like TCS, WIPRO, IBM having 49% in 10th? -- [New]
  17. Which company is better between Accenture and Cognizant with regard to Growth rate, Salary hikes and Working Environment?
  18. How to get job in Wipro after passing B.Sc Computers in 2016?
22nd October 2010, 05:52 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

both are well known companies so you can choose anyone but i will prefer tcs as it is leading. you feel more secure working with tcs than wipro. the unsecurity is the major problem in wipro.
22nd October 2010, 11:28 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

You have received good career opportunities. Either of companies are well reputed. Also job stability wise also they are likewise. You could look at the job profile offered in both the companies and decide based on what you like. Also job location could be another factor.
22nd October 2010, 12:11 PM
jayajotwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmven View Post
Hi,
Considering various factors specially job security and career growth, TCS is no doubt better. But then if u r getting much more hike in the salary, wipro is not bad in that sense. Moreover it is upto u to make ur career grow rather than relying on the company.
22nd October 2010, 02:47 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

I guess both the companies have a great job as well as company profile...both are Marketing at international level..the experience from any oft thr companies you have mentioned will provide you the same value...Packages vary from different companes to other...

good luck !!;
22nd October 2010, 07:08 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Its really a difficult one to choose from the two.But as per the experience of some of my close friends working in TCS, it is better of the two.In TCS, chances for offshore opportunities are more.The working environment is not that stressful,there is some sort of relaxation.Some of my friends even tell that TCS is like a govt.job.So,i think TCS will be better option to choose.
But one thing is for sure that sincerity and dedication will get the rewards irrespective of the companies.
The package you mentioned seems to be pretty handsome for me.
22nd October 2010, 11:14 PM
bikenindia

Hello,
They are almost same type and hardly there are difference in them. But if u look at the salary package and the job security, I feel you should go for TCS.
Since you have experienced for 5 years, you will get so many off shore opportunities in TCS.
Thank you.
22nd October 2010, 11:19 PM
bikenindia

Hello,
They are almost same type and hardly there are difference in them. But if u look at the salary package and the job security, I feel you should go for TCS.
Since you have experienced for 5 years, you will get so many off shore opportunities in TCS.
Thank you.
23rd October 2010, 10:46 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As for job security both the companys are good and behave like the govt. jobs.But as far as the answer for good one TCS is much better,as it has more potentials.the package depends about your previous package and at which post you are working.well 6.2 lakh is a fine package.
15th November 2010, 04:05 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

Both the companies are good you can try in anyone in which you want there are full chances of growth in both of these.

and if you come to the point of salary, it depends upon your qualification your field of work, and experience.
so..you can opt anyone and you are going to have a good future.. good luck..
15th November 2010, 10:27 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

If you want to see salary wise comparison then TCS is best and they provide high package to right candidate and their work is also in same range so dont think about package try hard and work hard your intelligence will give you reward........
15th November 2010, 11:10 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
both the companies are good...
if you are concerned with job security ,salary then go for TCS...

good luck
16th November 2010, 09:39 AM
lakveldi

both are fine if you are placed in those companies its a enjoyable journey in ur life
8th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

tcs best suits for u althe best
19th December 2010, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

TCS is best
5th January 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

TCS JINDABAD.
12th January 2011, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

TCS has lots of domestic projects. Almost every govt. department and PSU has TCS guys working there. I you like to work in a domestic project, go for TCS.
18th January 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

there is nothing like job security . if u dont work well definitely any company will bang u out . if u work well and exposed to higher people definitely u will get good package and journey will be good . nothing like which is good , which is bad ...Depends upon us . As TCS is in top position in terms of Ranking definitely , it has lot of onshore and offshore projects...That would be the better place for u to expose ur talent
28th January 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

TCS is best... Wipro has an unfriendly ploicies for the employers... And because of this hikes and sal gets effected.. TCS is better with that...
1st February 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

hey after reading ll the comments !!! i would like to say a few things coz i think i can be the best person for this.
I have worked 5 years with wipro and 1 year in tcs.things that are common to both the companies
1.top rated
2. job security
3 .onsite
Well a few things about wipro are :

1.the escalation process in very transperent and senior management is approachable.(the hierarchy to escalate issues is very clear.
2. good onsite oppurtunities
3.job security
4.claims process is faster.
5.infrastructure is amazing across all wipro.
6.rellocation and tranfer policy is very clear.
7. exit process is fast and superb .. your dies gets creited in 7 days
8.But the notice period in wipro is 2 months (again depends on yr manager if he releases you earlier HR wont have an issue)
9. 9 and half hours working

few this that are good in TCS

1. Onsite chances are more as TCS has more projects than wipro.
2. As some one suggested earlier we have some good government projects as well.
3.pays well for exp people
4.job security is great
5.flexible timing
6. 9 hours working

So even after working with both the organizations it is difficult for me to judge which is good and which is best.
we always have some pros and cons in each companies ,in my personal opinion i would give TCS a edge over wipro
there are volumes i can write about these companies.. but if you do have any query let me know i would be happy to help

so the answer is TCS

but both the companies are great !!!!join any one you like !!!!!!!GOOD LUCK
2nd February 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

i am 3rd year ECE student,what type of course can i go to enhance my proficiency skill?????
to get placed in software company what corses should i undergo and also suggest me for core company plzzzzzzzzzz.......
11th February 2011, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,
Hi,
Go to TCS ,where onsite opportunity is much more as compared to Wipro. As compare to your experience, its very less
17th February 2011, 05:02 PM
SupritShestha

well those placed or working in TCS will tell that TCS is good and same goes to Wipro...both are good reputed companies of India and if get placed in any one of this its good...but if i had to chose one then i will go for TCS for its good management and lesser workload as well as good infrastructure...
21st February 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

look like ur salary is less 4 ur experience...Atleast u deserve 8 lpa
24th February 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i'm a mechanical engineering graduate n got placed in wipro...wat to mech engineers have to do in wipro???
would i be posted in any mech related projects or wat?
12th March 2011, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

I am Bsc science graduate in Physics honours with 51.75% & i have a knowledge well about computer basics & knowledge about matlab & Pspice the computer simulation on electronic circuit simulation which kind of gob is suitable for me in tcs with amount of salary?
12th March 2011, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I am a science Fresher graduate with 51.75% in physics honours from C.U on 2008 batch.I know computer basic well & Mat lab 2007 & p-Spice the software for electronic circuits.sir my question is which kind of job is suitable for me in TCS with salary details?
17th March 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

my choice is wipro
22nd March 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my choice is wipro
TCS. I have almost 7 years of exp. I am currently working in TCS for four years. It has good env for good people. But one thing I want to share there are some people in upper level that like "chamche" and ignore hard working people. So beware from those people. I wish u if you get chance to join TCS u get good people as well as healthy env.
27th March 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Wipro ..As it has lots of onsite opportunity and carrier growth.
27th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Wipro. More onsite and more carrier growth
4th April 2011, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

See what role and project/technologies you are getting in both the companies.If you are carreristic I think you should go by the better role you are getting in either of them.As name and fame wise both are good to go.
6th April 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

5 , 6.2 is less salary .. try for another compeny
7th April 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

hmmmmmmmmm..TCS or WIPRO. All depends on which project we are deployed.
8th April 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

IBM or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?
10th April 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

dai panni valai illama evlo par kasta padranga, unga best among the best venuma..
11th April 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

close ur eyes n join tcs.it is best on all ur parameters like job security, onsite, hike...[/

Quote:
Hi,
12th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Donnt join Wipro at any cost
12th April 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

I would rate TCS slightly (very slightly) higher than WIPRO.

I feel the salary is not up to the market standards. I would have expected 7.5 to 8L pa for your experience.
19th April 2011, 03:08 PM
Teddy Albert

Thumbs up Re: Wipro or TCS? Which company is better for job security, salary hikes and experiance?

Quote:
Hi,
TCS has excellent rating systm .. If you get a rating of 5 ( like what I got ), you will be assured of a good salary hike in future also . You get regular promotions ( provided you have good rappo with your manager ) . I recommend TCS .
22nd April 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I am placed now in TCS in IT department.. I would like to know is it safe to work there for 2 years... and then pursue for my MBA or can i try for mba next year too?
above all joining TCS as afresher ..is it good or not?
25th April 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I have 4 yrs mainframe exp and then joined full time B school for MS and MBA in USA, which I completed last year. I have been trying for BA/consultant roles but its hard to get into for MBA non-campus freshers. I started working in not-so-great (career wise) non-IT job but in fortune 50 firm, so I have total 4.5 yrs experience right now. I cleared TCS mainframe interview and offered 7.75L. Is it okay or should I negotiate further for dual post graduate degree. I am not sure if it is considered in compensation?
25th April 2011, 02:30 PM
technofunction

I have 4.5 years of exp and getting 7.75 L from TCS. I am B.Tech, MS and MBA full time (class of 2010) from US as well. Do you think I can negotiate more in ITA (tech lead profile).
I am finding it hard to get into BA/cons roles through non-campus being MBA fresher.
26th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

what is sallary packged in tcs for POS BA?
26th April 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Both are bad in terms of employee satisfaction. TCS treats its employees as slaves.
29th April 2011, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

As you see 3rd post above mine, i am also in same designation and getting 6.0 L. Salary is depends upon associates grade, experiance.
This year few ppl got very good hike, but most got very less. there is no clear picture abot hike will be provided to associates from HR in TCS.
one bad thing is, HR themself do not know, how they are fixing salary to associates. and there is bad bad policy in providing annual compensation. Have any one heard about performance band? accoording to performance band salary hike will be. Band will measure as A to E rating. this band has to be set among team members even though they perform good they will get low rating. Suppose the associate gets last year good rating and this year less rating his salary will get reduced. this type of policy never seen in any company not even in small companies. totally i have to say here its a Totally Confused Service (TCS).
4th May 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Wipro makes you feel like home...safe and caring!!
5th May 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
5 , 6.2 is less salary .. try for another compeny

ya i eould tell the same...
i am with tcs for the last 3.5 years..
i joined tcs in 2007 august @ 3.15..
didnt get a hike in 2008 and 2009 due to recession..
just got a hike of 25k during confirmation...
2010 march i got a hike of 75K...followed by a hike of 82K in august...
followed by a hike of 1.25K in march 11..

i get sumwhere arnd 6.23 now..
u shudnt join...with 5yrs ex in tcs u wll get sumthn arnd 7.5..for sure...
9th May 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Jus try for other company, which will give more package than these.........or else give the oppurtunity to those who are really inneed of... :D ....
16th June 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,
I think TCS is much better than Wipro.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?