29th July 2010, 11:05 PM
Gudia

Work in a kpo after gaining experience in s/w development

Hi all, i m an mca 1 year exp in s/w development now joined a kpo as a database programmer.what to do is it a right option or i m wrong what to do?
shall i continue or search for s/w development job??????????????????????????????????????

Related Questions:
  1. Having aggregate below 60% : Which IT companies am I eligible to get a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for Syntel after B.Tech with 69% in 10th, 48.66% in 12th and 63% in B.Tech?
  3. Is the work experience of technical support counts when applying in core engineering jobs or not? -- [New]
  4. What are the drawbacks in going for job after UG?
  5. How to join BPO sector after doing M.Com final year
  6. How to get a job in trichy if I have 2 years of experience in KPO sector?
  7. How to join MBA after B.Tech? I have completed B.Tech ECE and interested in doing MBA
  8. How can I get a government job after completing BCA?
  9. Which is better between Job and Higher Studies after the completion of B.Tech in EEE?
  10. What should I study to become an Archaeologist?
  11. What is the salary one can get after passing electrical engineering?
  12. Job for fresher Mechanical engineer in gulf countries?
  13. Am I qualified to work in reputed IT companies after gaining two year job experience in IT sector? I have done BCA with 59% marks
  14. Can I apply for M.Ed through Correspondence being a candidate having completed Master in Child Development and having 4 years of Work Experience? Which are the best colleges to join this course?
  15. Which government job can i get after securing 86% marks in B.Sc. (Agriculture)?
  16. How to search for lecturer job after completing BSc Nursing?
  17. Which is the better choice between Job and Higher studies after completion of BE?
  18. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course after completing B.Tech Biotech and gaining two year work experience in Biotech industry?
30th July 2010, 11:23 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Work in a kpo after gaining experience in s/w development

Dear friend
Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) is a form of outsourcing, in which knowledge-related and information-related work is carried out by workers in a different company or by a subsidiary of the same organization, which may be in the same country or in an offshore location to save cost. Unlike the outsourcing of manufacturing, this typically involves high-value work carried out by highly skilled staff. KPO firms, in addition to providing expertise in the processes themselves.

So, as you are working in a KPO firm you would be enhancing your skills for Business and helping people or you would be seeing how these happen.
Therefore, working in a KPO would be a good experience for you. Even if you wanna quit this sector then you would again get a good job in SW development.
Thank You
30th July 2010, 11:38 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
the data base programmer is also a very good job,if you are getting handsome money from there then do not need to go out the job,if the salary is not very good then i will suggest you to go for the other job.
30th July 2010, 05:20 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Its better that you search for another job which will be beneficial for you in near future. You are not wrong also but with regard to fure you must go on for another job.
As working in KPO is not going to help you out you are having 1 year experience so you can get another good job easily
Best of Luck!
30th July 2010, 07:12 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

KPO, Knowledge Process Outsourcing, is a new wave in global outsourcing, which has evolved as an intellectual cousin of BPO in India.

This sector promises to provide opportunities of long-term jobs for intellectual and highly skilled workforce.An experience of 4 to 5 years can get a salary between Rs.4 lakh to Rs.6lakh per annum which can jump on to as high as Rs.15 lakh to Rs.20 lakh in few years time. Apart from the lucrative pay packages the work environment present in these companies is beyond comparison.
So the growing 'Indian Diaspora' full of great intellectuals, can look forward for better job opportunities in this sector.

You have made a right decision by joining KPO as a database programmer.
30th July 2010, 07:27 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Work in a kpo after gaining experience in s/w development

good.
that is correct.
But it is best that you have to complete mca.
after that you have many jobs in software field.
so first complete mca.after that join in job.
all the best.
31st July 2010, 09:42 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello,
database programming is a very good track in software market.
Now it all depends on your will what sector you want to work with.
If you can't find interest in your present job profile, switch to other fields as soon as you can.
There are web-based applications you can go for like advanced java,J2EE etc.

All the best...bye
31st July 2010, 09:43 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello,
database programming is a very good track in software market.
Now it all depends on your will what sector you want to work with.
If you can't find interest in your present job profile, switch to other fields as soon as you can.
There are web-based applications you can go for like advanced java,J2EE etc.

All the best...bye
16th November 2010, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

job opening for b.sc(c.s) in kpo sector?
9th March 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

how to get admissions in mtech colleges in U.P, M.P ,and Maharastra?(except gate scores)?Please tell good college names also?
18th March 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

i am a mba finance student. i want to know that to join kpo as a research analyst will be good for me or not form future point of view
25th March 2011, 11:37 PM
Gudia

Yes, its good for you as you are MBA.This time Market research companies are at boom and
and can give u bright future.
26th March 2011, 10:11 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) is a form of outsourcing, in which knowledge-related and information-related work is carried out by workers in a different company or by a subsidiary of the same organization, which may be in the same country or in an offshore location to save cost. Unlike the outsourcing of manufacturing, this typically involves high-value work carried out by highly skilled staff. KPO firms, in addition to providing expertise in the processes themselves.

So, as you are working in a KPO firm you would be enhancing your skills for Business and helping people or you would be seeing how these happen.
Therefore, working in a KPO would be a good experience for you. Even if you wanna quit this sector then you would again get a good job in SW development.
Thanks.
All the best.
27th May 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

does kpo job has future development and salary increase lik s/w development.
4th July 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

How to work for KPO's in preparing Legal Deeds?
1st August 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a research analyst at kpo .this experience is countable in my MBA degree or not?
17th October 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

hi m a bca graduate and completed java course so right now i am not getting job in this situation can i join kpo for some months? And after that can i get a good job in s/w feild? Or it is possible to jump kpo to in it feild in same company aftr 6months lik that?
10th February 2012, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

i am mba student with having specilisation in finance i m interested to do the job in kpo industry but i m confuse about work experiencewill be count or not
8th June 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

why we dont see middle age people(having age between 40-50 yrs) in kpo..or is it that kpo are good for only for young age...and not future..plz rply
18th August 2012, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

hi all

I am IT Engineer working in S/w company. one of my friend offer me job in reputed KPO as a analyst can i Join it? What is the future scope if I work in KPO? and the working experience of KPO will helpful for me in my future?

plz guide me..
2nd May 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a MBA(finance) graduate & i am thinking to join the job of KPO but iam confuse that the experience of KPO is countable or not.
22nd June 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi everybody,
i am done with my MCA and i have joined in a KPO sector which is based on insurance field so does this experience counts if i shift to IT sector
3rd July 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi all....
I am B.E (ECE) graduate. I am working as manual electronic patent abstractor in KPO sector for nearly 2 yrs. I have an idea to change my company. I wish to join in MNC ITes. Few KPO are not hiring the engineers. Can u suggest me few sectors which suits my profile??
27th February 2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Which is best field between seo vs kpo...I have 10 month experience in seo. Is it good to move in kpo as an associate in insurance sector.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?