11th August 2016, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Which would be better for me MBA-IT or MBA-HR?

I completed my BBA degree this year and I am preparing for MBA entrances. I want to pursue an MBA in IT. I had computer applications as one of my subjects in HSC. I am interested in MBA HR as well but since I don't have a degree in an IT related field, I wanted to know which field would be better.

PS- I'm keen on MBA IT, but I want it to be from a great college.

27th February 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which would be better for me MBA-IT or MBA-HR?

I completed B.Sc IT degree on 2015. Now I am preparing for MBA. But I have little confusion that which would be better between MBA in HR or MBA in IT.?
1st April 2017, 12:22 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

You are the right person to decide upon the best course between MBA IT and MBA HR. Let me provide you the required details so that you can choose the one as per your interest.

Since, you don't have Computers at Graduation level, it will become tough for you to understand the subject knowledge after joining MBA IT.

When it comes to job opportunities, small companies will easily provide you the job opportunities. They don't consider your BBA course at Graduation. But when it comes MNC's, definitely they will consider the criteria of having computers in Graduation.

If you do MBA in HR, you can make entry into HR departments of companies where in you need to perform the following tasks
Recruitment
Training and Development
Performance Appraisals
Payroll etc.

But one should have strong communication skills to get HR job. The job opportunities are limited and moreover preference will be given to female candidates in small companies.

However, there is cool life for the people who join as HR.

My suggestion is to go for MBA in HR. However the final choice is upto you.
15th July 2018, 11:04 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your Graduation with B.Sc IT, I would suggest you to opt for MBA IT in your Post Graduation level so that you can get job opportunities in IT companies.

You can also opt for MBA in HR stream if you are not interested to get into Software jobs and having interest to become a HR Manager.

I would suggest you to opt for the stream as per your interest.

MBA is a 2 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

The admission for this course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join this course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?