19th October 2010, 01:16 AM
debapriyo

Wrote discipline code instead of paper code on GATE form, will there be any problem?

sir,
While filling my application form envelope instead of mentioning my paper code i.e CS.I have mentioned my discipline code i.e.14.Will there be any problem?

19th October 2010, 06:19 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: Wrote discipline code instead of paper code on GATE form, will there be any problem?

Yes definetly u r going to face problem. Try to contact the required authorities through male and tell them about our mistake and they will provide u the chance to correct it. If u r not interested to do this then there is a possibilities of not receiving ur admit card. Good luck.
19th October 2010, 12:17 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Wrote discipline code instead of paper code on GATE form, will there be any problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debapriyo View Post
sir,
While filling my application form envelope instead of mentioning my paper code i.e CS.I have mentioned my discipline code i.e.14.Will there be any problem?
If you correctly filled your application form and attach the required documents then there will be no problem.do not take tension.

you can see your application form have been submitted or not.see the web for this:www.gate.iitm.ac.in. and see the link "Application status".
19th October 2010, 01:43 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

yes.
its an very big mistake and can lead to cancellation of your application form,
i would like you to contact the gate office to which you HAVE SEND YOUR FORM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
ALL THE BEST
19th October 2010, 03:35 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately it will be a mojor problem while you will appear in the gate exam.

so it will be better to go near your gate office.

and tell them your problem.

all the best.....
19th October 2010, 03:49 PM
vikrant kurmude

Quote:
Originally Posted by debapriyo View Post
sir,
may be. you have to carefule abt fill and sending form of such exam. after thet you mail.them or send leter of your mistek
19th October 2010, 04:12 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

well since you have done it just on the envelope...Its ok...because that space is given...so that it will help them in sorting out the form in different branches and disciplines...But you have given them an extra task....hope for the best...Because the authorities dont reject the forms so easily...

Good luck !!
19th October 2010, 05:42 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
the first thing is that you should not panic and the second thing is that you must contact on the helpline numbers immediately. What they say listen to them carefully and remembr my friend this is India. Everthing is possible here, your form won't be rejected.
Be prepared for the D-day
19th October 2010, 11:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

While filling up forms please make sure this kind of mistakes never happen. I’m not sure whether you have already sent the form. If you have sent the form then it is advisable to send an e-mil to [email protected] stating your reference number. Incase you have not sent you could buy another form.
20th October 2010, 10:47 AM
koli

yes you may face problem..
but don't get panic.
you just contact the gate helpline numbers and follow their instructions..
i don't think they will cancel your form.
good luck.
10th October 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I MISTAKE IN DISCIPLINE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?