15th March 2023, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for retired government servant who are above 60 years for registration in Bar council

R.S.K.Singh B.Sc, LL.B Karnataka I am retired government servant aged 60 years possessing law degree Can I register my name as advocate, I am told there is circular from All India Bar council banning government servant retired from entry to bar. please answer my question
Thank you

15th March 2023, 05:36 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Age limit for retired government servant who are above 60 years for registration in Bar council

According to the Bar Council of India rules, there is no upper age limit for registration as an advocate. However, retired government servants who have served in any capacity are required to obtain a "no objection certificate" (NOC) from their respective departments before registering as advocates. The circular you mentioned may be related to this requirement. Therefore, it is advisable to check with your department regarding obtaining an NOC and proceed accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?