15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for MPSC or UPSC exam after graduation?

I have just appeared for 12th standard. I’m an arts student I want to appear for MPSC or UPSC exam after graduation. What is the procedure?

15th June 2017, 12:08 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for MPSC or UPSC exam after graduation?

Those candidates who want to appear for the Maharashtra Public Service Commission or Union Public Service Commission examination must have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible to write the exam. The candidate must be the citizen of India and the age of the candidate should be less than 32 years. The upper age relaxation is also available for the reserved candidates (03 years for OBC/PH and 05 years for SC/ST). UPSC or MPSC conducts examination every year. The candidates can fill up the application form online by visiting the official website of UPSC or MPSC by paying the prescribed fees. After filling up the form the candidate needs to prepare well for the examination.The exam will be divided into three parts (preliminary, mains and interview). After passing all the three stages the candidate will get the job.
For further information you can visit the official websites which are here under:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
http://www.mpsc.gov.in
15th June 2017, 02:42 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should complete graduation.
In this entrance exam first of all you have to clear Preliminary exam.
You have to take an optional subject also as because it is necessary.
Some if the optional subjects are given below:-
History
Political Science
Geography
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of bachelor degree from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% in their graduation.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 42 years.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
15th June 2017, 02:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC or MPSC Examination's after completion of Graduation course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC or MPSC is as follows,

>> You must have completed "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> After successful completion of 12th Class, I suggest you to do Bachelor of Arts course as it's a Graduate degree.

>> Minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.

>> Go through the link that is given below for more details. All Latest recruitment's will be updated in the link and there by you can apply for concerned recruitment's.

Click here for UPSC recruitment details
15th June 2017, 03:35 PM
ranu shahi

Eligibility criteria for UPSC or MPSC are:-
Candidate must be a graduate.
Candidate must have aquired at least 55 percent aggregate in graduation.
Candidate must be under age:-
For general:- 21 to 30 years
For OBC:-21 to 35 years
For SC/ST:-21 to 37 years
For PWD:-21 to 40 years
For domicile of Kashmir:-21 to 42 years.
Height:-
Girls:-155 cms
Boys:-167 cms
15th June 2017, 03:36 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for all those MPSC and UPSC exams after completion of your graduation in which minimum educational qualification is graduation. For applying you can visit to the official website of MPSC and UPSC :

http://www.mpsc.gov.in

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
15th June 2017, 05:36 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for UPSC or MPSC examination. Here is how you can apply for UPSC:

> At first you have to visit their official website at [URL="http://www.UPSConline.nic.in/"]

> Now you will see an option "Online application for various examinations of UPSC"

> After clicking the examination link you will see registration part I and II

> You have to select part I and select the particular examination

> Now you have to fill up all the details carefully and submit it

> You have to take a print out of it for future reference
15th June 2017, 06:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MPSC refers to Maharashtra Public Service Commission where as UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and both these examinations are held for recruitment of administrative officers.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in these examinations are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have either completed or must be pursuing final year of your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further for MPSC examination educational qualification varies with varying posts.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years for UPSC examination where as it must lie within 19 years to 33 years for MPSC examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details about UPSC examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in and for details regarding MPSC examination you can refer to the link www.mpsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 08:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for UPSC and MPSC after completion of bachelor degree.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years for UPSC while 18-33 years for MPSC.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you must start prepare for examination if interested in appearing and qualifying in examination.
15th June 2017, 09:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for both UPSC and MPSC examination after your graduation.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years and for MPSC examination it is 18-33 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates after qualifying in all three stages will be eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.mpsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and MPSC stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination, CDS exam, CAPF exam for graduates. MPSC is State Civil Services exam of Maharashtra.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree can apply for both UPSC and MPSC examination. For Civil Services examination, the age limit is 21-32 years. After notification is released, you can apply for exams at official website of UPSC and MPSC.
15th June 2017, 10:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for UPSC or MPSC Examination after completion of Graduation course. There is a certain educational qualification required for appear in MPSC or Union Public Service Commission based recruitment's.

You must first complete Graduation in order to be eligible as the basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any stream. As you have just appeared for 12th Class, I request you to complete Graduation first in order to get the eligibility criteria. You may go through the upsconline website for more details of the latest recruitment's to find updates vacancies or recruitment's list.
15th June 2017, 11:44 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you can appear for MPSC (Maharashtra Public Commission) or UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) after completion of you graduation.It doesn't matter whether you are an Arts stream student or Science or Commerce background student, to apply for MPSC or UPSC, all you need to be a graduate.
Eligibility for MPSC:
>A candidate must be an Indian Citizen and domiciled in the State of Maharashtra.
>Candidate should have passed or appearing in final year examination of graduation, from a recognized university.
>Age of the candidate should be within 18 years to 33 years, whereas for OBC and SC/ST/NT category candidates, there is upper age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively.
>There is no limit on numbers of attempt, a candidate can appear any number of times in MPSC examination.
Eligibility for UPSC:
>A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
>Candidates who are appearing in their final year or waiting for results are also eligible to appear for UPSC preliminary examination.
>Age of the candidate should be within 21 years to 32 years, whereas for OBC and SC/ST category candidates, there is upper age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively.

To apply for MPSC candidate can get online application form from https://www.mpsc.gov.in/1035/Home

To apply for UPSC candidate can get online application form from
http://upsc.gov.in/
15th June 2017, 11:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in MPSC or UPSC examination after completion of your graduation from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC and MPSC examination. You need to be in between 21 to 30 years of age and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to be eligible to appear in UPSC or MPSC examination.
16th June 2017, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just appeared for 12th standard. I’m an arts student I want to appear for MPSC or UPSC exam after graduation. What is the procedure?
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for MPSC exam because the minimum educational qualification required for MPSC exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

But you are eligible for UPSC exam. You can apply only NDA exam as per your educational qualification.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
16th June 2017, 11:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you are in class 12th now, you must complete your Graduation course in the relevant field in order to apply for the UPSC or MPSC examination.
Candidates after qualifying in the Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised University with scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can very much apply for UPSC examination based on their qualification.
27th July 2020, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

If I complete my graduation in Goa state can I appear for mpsc...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?