15th November 2016, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I wish to become a Railway engine driver. I want to know can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a Railway Loco Pilot? Which exam I have to write?
  2. Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the procedure to become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway?
  4. How to join the Railway Engine Driver Loco Pilot?
  5. Am i eligible for Indian Railway Loco Pilot post being a 10+2 passed student? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I become a Train Engine driver (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th in Vocational Group?
  7. Am I eligible to become a Loco Pilot after completing class 12th and ITI in Computer Operator and Programming Assistant?
  8. Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?
  9. How can I apply for Loco Pilot after completing 12th?
  10. How can I become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway? Which exam do I have to appear for?
  11. Am I eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing BE Civil Engineering?
  12. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post after completing Civil Engineering?
  13. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  14. How can I become a Loco Pilot?
  15. Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology? -- [New]
  16. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th with Commerce to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway?
  17. How many exam do I have to qualify for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway?
  18. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post?
16th November 2016, 07:48 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?

No, you are not eligible for the post of ALP after completion of 12th. For doing this job you have to do ITI course or diploma in engineering. Only after that you will be eligible for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot. For more information you can go to the official website of RRB. Thanks
16th November 2016, 08:08 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?

Yes, as you have completed your 12th standard, so you are eligible to apply for the post of loco pilot (Railway Engine driver). You have to appear for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) examination and for that you must fulfill some eligibility requirements:

> Candidates should have completed their 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible to apply. One must also hold an ITI degree in any trade.

> Diploma holders in mechanical/automobile/electrical/electronics are elso eligible.

> Age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

> Age relaxation is there for SC/ST candidates.

After clearing the examination with good marks, you will get proper training. At first you will be appointed as a diesel/electric locomotive assistant driver and after gaining proper experience you can get promoted to the post of a Railway Engine driver.
17th November 2016, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I wish to become a Railway engine driver. I want to know can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th? If yes then please tell me the procedure.
No, you are not eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
17th November 2016, 03:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed class 12th with PCM stream, then surely you can apply for this exam. Even diploma in engineering streams candidates are eligible for this exam.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and physical fitness test. Just make sure you are very well prepared for it.
29th May 2017, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed class XII with science this year only can I apply for becoming a railway driver? But sir as I have passed this year only my class XII exams so I don't have an ITI degree. So can I apply ?
1st June 2017, 12:39 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Post Re: Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?

Sorry you can't apply for railway engine driver post.You should have to complete compulsorily ITI fitter or a diploma degree without this you can't apply for that
8th February 2019, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am in commerce stream...then after completing my 12th should i apply for loco pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?