10th August 2015, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Can I get Government jobs after completing B.Tech(EEE)? Is it necessary to appear in GATE?

Hi,
Can I get any Government job after completing my B.Tech in EEE? Is it necessary to get qualified in GATE for getting Government jobs? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How may I get a well paid job? I have done graduation, MA in economics and B.Ed course
  2. Can I be eligible for GATE and other exams after completing B.E engineering in 5 years? Can I get government or semi government companies?
  3. Can one get good Government Jobs after completing Diploma?
  4. How to get a government job after completing B.Tech with 66%
  5. What kind of jobs can I get after completing B.Tech with 70%, 34.3 score in GATE?
  6. Required qualification and eligibility for Government jobs after doing B.Tech ECE? Is it essential to appear for GATE exam?
  7. Where can I get government jobs or semi government companies jobs after completing MBA in Marketing?
  8. Am I eligible for government job after passing B.Tech Mechanical with 61.90%? Is GATE score necessary for government jobs?
  9. Will I get a government or private job with attractive salary after completing B.Tech with 66%?
  10. What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology?
  11. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I appear for Bank and government jobs after completing B.Com?
  13. Is it possible for me to get a government job after completion of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics and clearing GATE exam?
  14. Government jobs after cracking GATE Biotechnology?
  15. Can I get government jobs after completing BSc? What type of jobs will I get?
  16. What kind of jobs are available after completing BSc IT from Mumbai
  17. How can I get government jobs after passing GATE exam?
  18. How to get a job after passing B.Tech in ECE department
12th August 2015, 03:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Government jobs after completing B.Tech(EEE)? Is it necessary to appear in GATE?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. No it is not compulsory to be GATE qualified in order to get a government job. GATE is only needed when a candidate is interested in doing jobs in Public Sector Undertakings because most of the PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, IOCL, ONGC etc recruit candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard and rank.

So, if you are not interested in PSUs job, there is no need to qualify for GATE exam but for any government job, you will have to appear for entrance exam and clear its all stages like written test and interview.

For example for becoming IAS, IPS officer, you will have to appear for the Civil Services examinations.

For defense sector jobs, there are two exams called Combined Defense Services and Airforce Common Admission test. You can also apply for Railway Recruitment board exams for post of Senior Engineer. For banking jobs, you can apply for the IBPS PO or clerk exam.
12th August 2015, 04:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Government jobs after completing B.Tech(EEE)? Is it necessary to appear in GATE?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. No it is not compulsory to be GATE qualified in order to get a government job. GATE is only needed when a candidate is interested in doing jobs in Public Sector Undertakings because most of the PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, IOCL, ONGC etc recruit candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard and rank.

So, if you are not interested in PSUs job, there is no need to qualify for GATE exam but for any government job, you will have to appear for entrance exam and clear its all stages like written test and interview.

For example for becoming IAS, IPS officer, you will have to appear for the Civil Services examinations.

For defense sector jobs, there are two exams called Combined Defense Services and Airforce Common Admission test. You can also apply for Railway Recruitment board exams for post of Senior Engineer. For banking jobs, you can apply for the IBPS PO or clerk exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?