23rd January 2014, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility of ONGC for Chemical engineer? How to prepare for selection test?

hi.. i am doing BE chemical engineering from vishwakarma government engineering college ahmedabad .. after my degree i want to join ONGC . so i want to know what are the eligibility criteria for the freshers .. and how can i prepare for the selection test held by ongc.. what is the minimum and maximum percentage for the selection?

10th March 2014, 08:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility of ONGC for Chemical engineer? How to prepare for selection test?

O.N.G.C --- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation

ONGC is a public sector undertaking government company often select the candidates from engineering streams.As you are pursuing your B.Tech,soon after completion of your B.Tech in Chemical engineering you are of course eligible to appear for the ONGC recruitment process.You must have secured a minimum of 60% of marks in your qualifying examination.There are various stream often ONGC recruits candidates.

The candidates from the following streams are absolutely eligible to appear for the selection process.The various subjects are such as Geophysics,Mathematics,Petroleum technology,Geology and Chemistry various streams.So as you are “Chemical engineering” graduate you come under the stream “Chemistry”.Apart from these for other candidates telling,candidates from ECE/EEE/Mechanical/Drilling/Production/Programming/Instrumentation/Transport/Finance and Accounts/Human Resource departments are also eligible for the ONGC recruitment process.

The maximum age limit for drilling and cementing candidates is 28 years and for all the other than drilling and cementing the maximum age must not exceed more than 30 years.Selection process consists of the written examination and psychometric tests.You will be tested on the various concepts such as Aptitude,General Awareness and on your core subjects(Chemical engineering).
11th March 2014, 09:56 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of ONGC for Chemical engineer? How to prepare for selection test?

ONGC is a public sector undertaking and is having the status of Maharatna. It is one of the best companies to work with. This is because it not only gives high salary and large number of facilities but also provides a god work culture.

Since you are pursuing chemical engineering so after completion of your graduation, you can apply in ONGC. It advertises the vacancies in the newspapers and displays the same online. Only the applications specific to the advertisements are accepted which are received during the time limit stipulated in the vacancy notification / advertisement. The applications which are without reference to specific notification are neither entertained nor replied to.

You have to register online and fill up necessary details against each vacancy notified. Only those candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of age, qualification and are accompanied with copies and testimonials are accepted.

For further details, you can visit the official website :-
http://www.ongcindia.com/
3rd May 2017, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed 3 years b.tech in chemical engineering from a university. My question is am I Eligible to apply at ONGC as chemical engineer as it is not a 4 year course which I have completed.
2nd June 2018, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification is b.tech with 60% marks.is it aggrigate marks or each semester marks?
9th January 2020, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can diploma holder or diploma with experience person applicable for ongc ??
5th September 2020, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed B.E. chemical engineering. Shall I able to apply for ONGC ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?