19th June 2012, 11:05 PM
aspiring venky

What are the PSU's in India? What is the procedure of recruitment? I am a Chemical Engineer

i am a chemical engineer.i want to know what are the psu's in india,their process of recruitment,when does the notification get published and their eligibility criteria?

21st April 2015, 12:16 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the PSU's in India? What is the procedure of recruitment? I am a Chemical Engineer

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertakings. It is government owned corporation and these companies are owned by Union Government of India or one of many state or territorial governments or both.

Some of the examples of Public Sector Undertakings in India are as follows:

>>Airport Authority of India.

>>National Thermal power Corporation.

>>Bharat Electronics Limited.

>>Bharat Heavy Electricals.

>>Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India.

>>Cement Corporation of India.

>>Coal India Limited etc.

Process of Recruitment.

Most of the PSUs recruit candidates on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering scorecard followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

Some of the Public Sector Undertakings like AAI, NPCIL, SAIL conducts its own entrance examination for the recruitment of candidates.

Notification for exam:

PSUs entrance exams notifications are out in February to March of every year. Some release their notification before GATE exam in the month of January.

You must check the respective PSU official website in which you want recruitment.

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age limit is between 20-30 years. No pending backlogs in previous semesters.

So, you should try to secure better rank in GATE entrance exam for getting into PSUs.
30th April 2015, 10:21 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the PSU's in India? What is the procedure of recruitment? I am a Chemical Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring venky View Post
i am a chemical engineer.i want to know what are the psu's in india,their process of recruitment,when does the notification get published and their eligibility criteria?
In India a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) is a government-owned corporation. These companies are owned by the union Government of India, or one of the many state or territorial governments, or both. The company equity needs to be majority owned by the government to be a PSU.

::::::::::List of top 10 PSU's in India::::::::::

1 Indian Oil Corporation Limited
2 Life Insurance Corporation of India
3 Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
4 Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
5 State Bank of India
6 Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
7 MMTC Limited
8 NTPC Limited
9 Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited
10 Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited

To get join in PSU's, you must have cleared GATE examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?