29th November 2014, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Which exam do I need to crack for Indian Foreign Service?

Well i want to get into in Indian Foreign services, guide me to which exam to sit into in UPSC or ANY EQUIVALENT ?

29th November 2014, 04:57 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which exam do I need to crack for Indian Foreign Service?

IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service and this Examination is conducted Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria for IFS (Indian Foreign Service) Examination:-

Educational Qualification:

• You should complete three years graduation in any discipline from recognized University.
• If you are a Final year candidate then you may eligible to apply for this
Examination.

Important: Only Pass Mark is enough to apply for this Examination.

Age Limit:

• You should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

For OBC candidates: 3 years
For SC/ST candidates: 5 Years

For More Details Click Here
29th November 2014, 08:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Foreign Services, you need to crack Indian Foreign Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for IFS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be within 21- 30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

No. of Attempts :-
--> General - 4
--> OBC -7
--> SC/ST -No Limit

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

Candidates who qualify in Written test will be called for Personal Interview round and candidates who have qualified in Personal Interview will be finally selected into Indian Foreign Services.
29th November 2014, 10:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to crack UPSC Civil Services Exam for getting job in Indian Foreign Services. The educational qualification that is needed for this exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.

Hence, if you have Graduation degree and you fulfill the age criteria, then you can definitely apply for this exam. Age limit is 21 to 30 years for General category. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Selection is based on following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

Number of Attempts:

1. General : 4
2. OBC : 7
3. SC/ST: no limit

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
8th April 2015, 03:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

IFS stand for Indian Foreign Services.The exam for the post of IFS is conducted by UPSC as civil services exam.So, the candidate who wishes to join IFS has to clear the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the exam are following:-

-The candidate should be an Indian with valid residence certificate.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST.

-The educational qualification is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-To clear the exam, the candidate has to qualify in all the stages of selection process,i.e., Preliminary exam,Main exam and Personality Interview.
8th April 2015, 10:18 PM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well i want to get into in Indian Foreign services, guide me to which exam to sit into in UPSC or ANY EQUIVALENT ?
You need any three year Degree program and they take their separate entrance exam for Indian Foreign services every year.
9th April 2015, 07:34 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you want to join Indian Foreign Services then you will have to qualify UPSC Indian Civil Service Examination because that is the only way to join Indian Foreign Services for a candidate and serve the nation through foreign services :

Indian Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC and there are following stages to become IFS Officer :

01. Preliminary Examination : Two objective type papers are conducted in this prelims test for 400 marks means 200 for each.

General Studies - 200 marks.
CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - 200 marks.

All those applicants who applies for prelims test are eligible to appear for prelims examination.

Mains examination : Mains examination will be in conventional type in which candidate has to qualify following papers :

Paper A - Based on one of the Indian languages selected by the candidate while applying for mains exam - 300 marks.

Paper B - English Language - 300 marks.

Paper I - Essay Writing - 250 marks.

Paper II - General Studies I - 250 marks.

Paper III - General Studies II - 250 marks.

Paper IV - General Studies III - 250 marks.

Paper V - General Studies IV - 250 marks.

Paper VI - Optional subject Paper I - 250 marks.

Paper VII - Optional subject Paper II - 250 marks.

Sub total of written test - 1750 marks.

If you successfully qualifies all these papers of mains examination then you will be eligible to appear for Personality Test :

Personality Test is consist of 275 marks in which candidate has to pass at any cost then only the candidate will be able to secure a job of IFS/IAS/IRS rank.

To become IFS Officer, you need to qualify the test with highest marks of all participating candidates because about 2% of the total qualified candidates are selected for Indian Foreign Services and only those who are in top 10 so they are selected now it depends on you how you secure good marks.

You must go to any good coaching and learn much more for about an year then you may qualify this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?