29th November 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Income Tax Commissioner?

hello sir............ right now i am doing c.a course along with my graduation........... i want to become income tax commissioner........... send me the procedure to become IT Commissioner........... send as soon as possible.. my email id is [email protected]

29th November 2014, 08:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Commissioner?

To become an Income Tax officer, you need to appear for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exam. The Staff Service Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance exam for the recruitment of candidates for various posts in the income tax department every year.

To be eligible to appear for SSC exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

You must have completed the graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

2. You must be at least 18 years old and must not exceed more than 27 years at the time of applying for the SSC exam. Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
1.Written Test
2.Personal Interview

Candidates who qualify in written test will be called for Personal Interview round. Candidates who perform well in Personal Interview round will be selected for the post of an Income Tax Officer.
29th November 2014, 10:33 PM
soumyasecret

Income Tax Officers are the guarantor of the income of the country. They deals different type of taxes such as Income Tax, Gift Tax, Wealth Tax, Securities Transaction Tax, Banking Cash Transaction Tax, etc. An individual needs to be highly intellectual to be an Income Tax Officer. And to recruit Income Tax Officers, Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

You need to complete your graduation.
Age limits are from 21 to 30 years of age.
Minimum allowed attempts is limited to 4 for General Caste and minimum allowed attempts is limited to 8 for SC/ST castes.

Civil exam process:

Exam is conducted in 3 phase, sequentially following one after another:
Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Personal Interview

Based upon your merit list you will be offered various services. Out of which Indian Revenue Services will be one of them.

Once selected for Revenue services you will be offered the post of an Assistant Commissioner. After that you will get promotion depending your performance.
30th November 2014, 12:25 AM
Saranbala18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir............ right now i am doing c.a course along with my graduation........... i want to become income tax commissioner........... send me the procedure to become IT Commissioner........... send as soon as possible.. my email id is [email protected]
Sorry to say you can't directly become an Income Tax Commissioner. You can become an Income Tax Commissioner by getting a promotion from officer level. Basically, two options are there to become an Income Tax Commissioner.

To become an Income Tax Officer, you must appear in Civil Service Examination (or) SSC for the post of Income Tax Inspector. Graduation or equivalent qualification is required to apply for the above post.

Hope this will be of help. Feel free to put up more queries. For further details click here -> www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2014, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, I'm hema chavan daughter of chandrakanth chavan. actually i completed my intermediate with 60% of marks. so i want to apply for income tax commissioner exams .
if ur not happy with this tell me the process for how to become income tax officer.
I'm doing coaching for ca also.
30th November 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ madem
I want to now that what education is need to became an income tax commissioner? Now i am.studing in 11 std am i am a girl! Want to no how to became an income tax officer! Thank you!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?