25th January 2023, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Customs Officer in port?

How can i become a customs officer in port? What is the qualification? And what is the proceder of requiting people? can get any previous questions for that exam?

26th January 2023, 09:02 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Customs Officer in port?

Procedure to become a Customs Officer in Port:

In order to become a Customs Officer in Port, you are required to follow the below procedure. Either through UPSC Examination or CGL Examination, you can become a Custom Officer in Port and the details are as follows:

>> Through UPSC Examination:

@ Candidates must have have to appear in Entrance Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in order to become a Customs Officer.

@ Candidates should have completed Bachelor's Degree or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.

@ The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years to be eligible.

>> Through SSC CGL Examination:

@ Also you can appear in Combined Graduate Level Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission recruitment agency.

@ The basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.

@ The minimum age required for this recruitment is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years. There is an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> You may refer SSC CGL recruitment examination by Kiran prakashan book for solving the previous year questions asked.

26th January 2023, 01:24 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Customs Officer in port?

Custom officers are employed in one of 4 capacities.
Group A level
Group B level

Preventive officers of Group B level
In order to become a preventive officer , candidate must pass the SSC CGL test .
Only custom officers need to apply , and they are placed near the shore(for seas and airports)
This is one of the customs department's more exciting positions since one gets to wear a white uniform

Indian Customs Inspector
Choose the examiner after passing SSC CGL exam , they will be in charge of custom duties at sea ports and airports and they are solely accountable for those duties.

Eligibility
Applicants must hold bachelor's degree with atleast 55% marks from a recognised university
Those who are between 21 to 30 years are eligible to apply.
Candidates must take civil service exam administered by UPSC or SSC CGL exam to become custom officer.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?