2nd May 2012, 12:58 AM
rohit_monpara

Should I go in the field of customs and port management? What is the procedure to become a custom officer?

sir,i m final year student in marine engineering from shantilal shah engg. College, bhavnagar,gujara.should i go in the field of customs and port management? What is the procedure for becoming custom officer?

31st May 2016, 07:14 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Should I go in the field of customs and port management? What is the procedure to become a custom officer?

If it is your wish to join customs and port management, then there is nothing wrong in joining so.Customs, port management are one of the best sector to pursue career, if your interest in this branch then you should give it a try.

Having said there is one more thing that I need to mention that getting a job in custom related department is not easy in any way.Customs are one of the most responsible and high post rank job in government sector, you have to work hard in order to make a mark.

In order to become a custom officer,the best known way is to attempt for UPSC civil services exams,and get chosen as a custom officer.The civil services exam in India is conducted by UPSC and is for recruiting IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS etc services all over in Indian.Among them only a little lower rank there is custom officer department,which is
a group-A gazetted officer of government. But is only way to become custom officer in India.

Anyone who have completed graduation in any stream can attempt civil services exam and of age between 21 years to 32 years.You have studied marine engineering,start preparing for civil services after completing the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?