28th January 2016, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

How can i directly go for Administrative Services after passing Intermediate?

I have just passed intermediate in science stream (pcb). I want to go in administrative service now. So tell me how can i directly join administrative services on the basis of Intermediate?

28th January 2016, 09:41 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can i directly go for Administrative Services after passing Intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed intermediate in science stream (pcb). I want to go in administrative service now. So tell me how can i directly join administrative services on the basis of Intermediate?
I guess that you are interested to join in the Indian Administrative Service. If so, I am sorry that you are not eligible to join directly in the Civil Service Examination after completing 12th standard. You are required to complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible for the Civil Service exam. Apart from the educational qualification. you are required to appear and qualify in the different three levels such as,

- Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
- Preliminary Exam and,
- Interview.

Eligibility Criteria:

- One need to complete a Bachelor Degree in any desire specialization from a recognized university. No minimum marks required for Civil Service exams.

- The candidate age limit should be above 21 years and below 32 years to be eligible for Civil Service examination and upper age relaxation will be given relaxation in age up to 3 years for OBC category candidates and 5 years for those candidates who belong to SC/ST/ category.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
28th January 2016, 11:40 AM
kantraman

Default Re: How can i directly go for Administrative Services after passing Intermediate?

For all Administrative Services one should be graduate in any discipline with age limit of 21 to 35 years.The Bechelor degree is essential for all Administrative Services,so a simple intermediate student can not be eligible for these services.
28th January 2016, 11:43 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Administrative Services with 10+2 as educational qualification.

UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S Officer, so you have to appear and qualify in examination for final selection. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination. For any more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2016, 01:19 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, candidate can't apply for Administrative Services after passing Intermediate.
Candidate have to complete graduation degree in order to apply for Administrative Services.
After completing graduation, candidate have to apply for Civil Service Exams.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years. Relaxation is also there as per government norms.
28th January 2016, 02:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You cannot directly go for Administrative Services after completion of Intermediate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Indian Administrative Services Examination is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. You cannot directly sit in CSAT Entrance Examination directly after 12th Class. As you have completed 12th Class from PCB stream, I suggest you to go with B.Pharmacy (after 12th PBC) course from a recognized university. You can apply for Civil Services Entrance Examination soon after completion of B.Pharmacy (4 year Graduate Degree) course as any graduate degree is eligible.
28th January 2016, 07:55 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who want to join in the administrative services should take the Indian Administrative Service exam.

The competition for the entrance exam is very high, the candidates are selected on the basis of Written examination and Personal Interview. These are carried out through two phases i.e., Prelims and Mains.

Minimum eligibility for a candidate to appear in the exam is that, the candidate must possess the bachelor's degree from any recognized university or institution.

As you have completed Intermediate you are not eligible for the IAS exam. You can better complete your graduation from any recognized university.
28th January 2016, 08:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I have mentioned a link below, you can visit the link and can thereafter apply for the post as an when the notification is released.

Therefore, you can keep visiting the website anytime you wish to and when the notification is out, you can probably apply for the post.

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
28th January 2016, 11:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You cannot directly go for administrative services. There are certain procedure which you need to follow in order to get into the services. First of all you need to apply for the IAS exam (Indian Administrative Service) conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). This is one of the civil service exams and to apply for this service you need to satisfy the following criteria's:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed for general category candidate is 21-30 years and if you belong to SC/ST category you will relaxation and that is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed a degree and that can be from any stream of education. Even at the time of final year exam you can apply for the IAS exam.

If you satisfy all these criteria's then you can apply for the IAS exam.

So, it is better that you continue yours studies and complete a graduation in order to join in administrative service by applying IAS exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?