30th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

How to check my number of attempts left for UPSC IAS exam?

Dear Sir, my question is, is there any procedure to check how much attempts that I have given already for UPSC IAS exam because as we know that there are only 6 attempts for the exam?
And next question is, But if pre not clear then that attempt counts or not? Or second case if someone wouldn't be going then no attempt count ?

30th October 2017, 10:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to check my number of attempts left for UPSC IAS exam?

No, you can't check the number of attempts left for UPSC IAS examination. You need to count the number of attempts yourself that you have appeared in IAS examination. If you have appeared in IAS Preliminary examination and not qualified then, it will also be considered as a count. So, I suggest you to utilise your attempts carefully, so, that you can clear and crack the IAS examination.
30th October 2017, 11:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the official name of UPSC IAS examination is Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IFS, IPS, etc. .

Now as far as you are concerned about the number of attempts allowed for qualifying Civil Services examination then it is six in case of general category, nine in case of OBC category where as there is no limit for SC/ST candidates provided the candidate satisfies the required eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination. So to calculate the number of attempts left one just have subtract the number of attempts made by him/her from the maximum attempts allowed for his/her category.

Also one thing I would like to let you know that once you successfully register for the Civil Services examination it gets counted as one of your attempt regardless of whether you appeared in Preliminary test or not, or whether you did not qualify the preliminary test.

For more details and FAQs related to Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
31st October 2017, 12:59 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

There is no any procedure or not any special website to know the number of attempts left for UPSC. This will be known by only one condition, and the condition is that you have to apply for UPSC IAS exam, if you numbers of maximum attempts riched then your application will be rejected.

And if you have appeared in the pre exam of UPSC, and signed on the attendance sheet then this will counted as 1 attempt. It donot matter that you have cleared this exam or not.
31st October 2017, 08:59 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that the maximum attempts allowed for clearing Civil Services examination ( more often known as IAS examination or UPSC examination ) for different category candidates are :-

For general category candidates : 6 attempts.

For OBC category candidates : 9 attempts.

For SC/ST category candidates : no limit.

Further I would also like to let you know that once you register for appearing in same examination your one attempt is lost regardless of the thing whether you appeared in the stage one of same examination or if you did not qualify it.

As far as you are concerned about the way to know the number of attempts left for appearing in the same examination then it is quite simple as you know how many times you have registered for the same examination and you just need to subtract it from the maximum number of attempts allowed for your concerned category.

For more detailed information regarding Civil Services examination you need to visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .
31st October 2017, 09:02 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no official link available to check the number of attempts left to appear in Civil Service examination.

There are only six attempts to appear in examination for general category. Candidates appeared for any stage of examination will let them to count as one attempt.

But candidates who do not appear in Preliminary stage of examination even after filling the application then there attempt will be not counted. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2017, 09:45 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There is no such procedure available at official website of Union Public Service Commission through which a candidate can know his number of attempts. You can yourself recount your number of attempts you have appeared for Civil Services exam.

When you are unable to clear Preliminary examination, your one attempt is counted. However if you do not appear for the exam then no attempt counted.
31st October 2017, 10:26 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There are no such websites or provisions to check the number of attempts left for UPSC IAS examination. You have to keep a record of it and remember yourself. If you have appeared in any of the papers and you have put your name in the attendance sheet, then it will count as an attempt. And if you don't appear then it's not an attempt. If you exceed the number of attempts then they won't allow you to appear for the examination.

For SC/ST there is no limit

For OBC 7 attempts

For general 4 attempts
31st October 2017, 01:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The maximum number of attempts to appear in Civil Service examination is 6 for general category. There is more number of attempts for reserved category.

If you have appeared in Preliminary stage and not qualified in it then you have lost your one attempt.

Candidates who have enrolled and not appeared in examination then there attempts will not be counted.

The examination is conducted in three stages. There is no official link which give you status about remaining number of attempts to appear in examination.
31st October 2017, 02:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such procedure to check the number of attempts to appear in Civil Service examination.

Yes, if you have appeared for Preliminary stage then your attempt will be counted.

There is no limitation on number of attempt to appear in examination for SC/ST.

For detail in Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2017, 05:52 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is no procedure to know how many attempts you have appeared in the UPSC CSE.

You just have to remember it by yourself.

Also, if you have appeared in the Prelims, no matter if you could clear it or not, it amounts to be one attempt.

So, even if you have not cleared the Prelims, you have given an attempt and it would be counted.
31st October 2017, 06:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes if you have appeared in Pre exam but not cleared it. It is also counted as your attempts.
As per my knowledge there is no any technique or procedure to know number of attempts.
It depends on you to remember how many times you have appeared in examination.
31st October 2017, 06:28 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, there is no official link to check the number of attempts to appear in Civil Service examination.

The maximum number of attempts to appear in examination is 6 for general, 9 for OBC and upto the age 37 years for SC/ST.
31st October 2017, 11:42 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that there isn't any procedure through which anyone can find his/her number of attempts left in UPSC exam. So you need to count it yourself. If a candidate appear in the exam and in any stage he/she fail to qualify the exam then that attempt will be counted. And if in a case a candidate register for UPSC exam but due to some reason he/she unable to attempt or appear for the exam then this will not be counted as any attempt.
5th May 2018, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

My Date of Birth 13.01.1987.can i able to write IAS Exam on the Year 2022?I am an OBC Candidate.
11th February 2019, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my category now , general to obc I have all the documents of obc but last exam I wrot in general catogary
21st May 2019, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Yes ..There is one way...In your email id... Search with...UPSC DAF..U will show all admit card mails from upsc...Then calculate..
1st May 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I forget number of attempt. How can check my attembt.
1st May 2020, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I forget number of attempts. How can check my attempt
16th May 2020, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

My year is 1994 how many attempts I can give for upsc
30th April 2022, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

How to check my past Attempts...in Upsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?