28th September 2021, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

How to get a government job when I am 38 years old?

Sir, I am 38 years old done correspondence MBA in HR along with 1 year diploma from NIIT and having total work exp of 15 years in steel industry want to know can I apply for any good government post by clearing any kind of exam.

30th September 2021, 07:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a government job when I am 38 years old?

--- To get a government job you have to appear in the government examination that is conducted by the respective department and there is always the eligibility and age criteria that you will have to follow.
Firstly you have to check that in which department you can get job at the age of 38 and sometimes there is also a age relaxation in upper age limit provided to reserved category students of 5 years to sc/st candidates and 3 years to OBC candidates.

--- Websites to check vacancies in government departments

http://freejobalelert.com

http://sarkarinaukri.com
30th September 2021, 08:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You have surpassed the age limit criteria for most of the recruitment examination.

So, not many jobs are available for you at the age of 38 years in government sector.

But, you can fill the examination form for State PCS, the age limit varies with state and also relaxation for reserved category.

So, once you fill the examination and qualify in all stages than eligible for final recruitment.
30th September 2021, 09:20 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

How to get a government job when I am 38 years old?

Yes, a candidate from all over India can apply online or offline for the various 35 age limit govt jobs. Some of the very renowned states are - Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh.
30th September 2021, 09:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The common age limit to appear for government jobs examination is between 21-30 years while it varies with different recruitment and also relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have crossed the age limit for appearing in most of the recruitment examination.

But, still you can apply for jobs after state PCS, lecturer jobs etc.
2nd October 2021, 01:31 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Of course yes,
it is possible to land a Govt. job above the age of 35 or at the age of 35 years.

But the Govt. Job opportunities available to you would completely depend on your skill sets, work experience or years of service, educational qualification, state in which you reside, category to which you belong.

**(SC/ST/OBC/PWD/ ex serviceman).
Otherwise not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?