26th April 2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

For how many years I have to do training after qualifying UPSC IAS exams? Fee of Training in UPSC?

Hi, my question is, as if I prepare for UPSC IAS recruitment exams then after qualifying this recruitment exams what duration of year I have to span under training in UPSC IAS? I would also like to know that they will charge any fee also?

1st August 2023, 04:15 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: For how many years I have to do training after qualifying UPSC IAS exams? Fee of Training in UPSC?

Congratulations on your decision to prepare for the UPSC IAS exam. It is a long and challenging journey, but it is also very rewarding.
After qualifying the UPSC IAS exam, you will have to undergo a rigorous training program at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. The training program is designed to prepare you for the challenges of being an IAS officer.
The training program at LBSNAA is divided into three phases:
  • Foundation Course: This is the first phase of the training program. It is a 10-month course that covers topics such as public administration, economics, law, and sociology.
  • Mid-Career Training: This is the second phase of the training program. It is a 6-month course that covers topics such as management, leadership, and public policy.
  • Advanced Course: This is the third and final phase of the training program. It is a 6-month course that covers topics such as strategic management, policy analysis, and international relations.
The total duration of the training program is 22 months.
The training program at LBSNAA is free of charge. However, you will have to bear the cost of your travel and accommodation during the training period.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?