27th December 2017, 08:15 AM
sarso

In which stream girls can appear for CDS?

In which stream girls can appear for CDS exam? Is maths compulsory? I'm from medical stream. Am I eligible to appear for exam?

29th December 2017, 08:22 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: In which stream girls can appear for CDS?

Yes, you will be considered for OTA (Officers Training Academy) but not for the other services like Indian Air Force, Indian Army, Indian Navy.

CDS (Combined Defence Services) is an examination of three subjects English Language, General Awareness, Mathematics. Each test will be of 100 marks and time will be allotted 2 hours for each test.

In your case you have to appear in English Language and General Awareness only as call for SSB will be based on your score in both the papers.

CDS Cutoff for OTA : Around 76-80 marks.

29th December 2017, 08:33 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

In CDS examination, the female candidates are allowed to apply for Officer's Training Academy (OTA). Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or equivalent course from a Government recognised university and those are unmarried or issueless widows who have not remarried are eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination.

The age criteria required to apply for CDS OTA examination is 19 to 25 years. So, if you have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and if you fulfill satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you are eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination.

29th December 2017, 10:32 AM
ankjkv

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS

1.Candidate must have minimum Bachelor's Degree in any stream.

2. Candidate must be Unmarried.

3.Candidate age in between 19 to 25 years.

4.Girls candidate can also apply in CDS is Eligible only for OTA (Officer's Training Academy) Post.

29th December 2017, 11:00 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and for joining same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written Test and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

Further CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy (NA), Air force Academy (AFA), Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer's Training Academy (OTA).

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in CDS entrance examination being a student of medical stream then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for joining IMA and OTA wings of CDS as for these wings there is no requirement of a particular subject at any level of academics. For the other two wings one is required to have pursued Mathematics at your higher secondary school degree and in case of NA you also need to have completed B.Tech/B.E. degree course.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .

29th December 2017, 01:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CDS means Combined Defence Services. UPSC conducts CDS examination twice every year for selection of candidates into:

1. Indian Military Academy.

2. Officer Training Academy.

3. Air Force Academy.

4. Naval Academy.

Medical streams candidates are eligible for CDS exam for IMA and OTA. The age limit for CDS is 19-25 years for OTA and 19-24 years for IMA. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for CDS exam.

29th December 2017, 08:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Medical stream female candidates can apply for Combined Defence Services examination. You are eligible for Officer's Training Academy and Indian Military Academy. The academic qualification required for these two academies of defence is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

The upper age limit for IMA is 24 years and that for OTA is 25 years. For Officer's Training Academy, mathematics is not compulsory.

29th December 2017, 09:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are held by UPSC two times every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in CDS entrance examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 19 years to 22 years for joining Naval Academy (NA), 19 years to 23 years for joining Air force Academy ( AFA), 19 years to 24 years for joining Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and 19 years to 25 years for joining Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. But in order to join NA or AFA through CDS you must have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level academics.

So being medical stream candidate you are eligible for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining OTA and IMA wings of CDS as for other two wings Mathematics is a compulsory subject.

For more detailed information regarding CDS entrance examination you can visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .

29th December 2017, 11:03 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes mathematics is necessary for CDS exam as maths covers a major portion of entrance exam. Concept from which questions asked is in syllabus of 11th & 12th maths.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam is :-
12th standard with subjects physics, chemistry, mathematics from a recognised board.
Graduation degree from a recognised university.
Age limit must be between 20-24years.

So you have to take mathematics in 12th standard. No matters it is optional. You can choose maths as optional subject in that way you will fulfil their requirement.

29th December 2017, 11:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is not only Maths and Biology. The important thing is that candidate should be from Science stream as because it is compulsory for CDS. If candidate are not from Science stream then he/she will not be eligible to apply for this exam.

30th December 2017, 11:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for recruitment in OTA ( Officer Training Academy ) after qualifying in CDS.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Candidates after qualifying in two stages of examination will become eligible for final recruitment.

The age limit to appear in examination is 19-25 years. No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

15th September 2019, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that can a girl apply for ota through arts steam

14th December 2019, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bachelor's from aviation?am i eligible to apply for OTA

17th February 2020, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I have commerce maths , I apply for cds in (military)

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?