2nd July 2018, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for 32 years old SC candidate?

I am an SC candidate and right now I am 32 years of age. I want to apply in UPSC IAS recruitment. So, I would like to know about my eligibility to apply in this recruitment. Kindly tell me immediately. Thank you!

3rd July 2018, 05:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for 32 years old SC candidate?

The normal age limit for UPSC IAS exam is 21 to 32 years. You belong to SC category, which can help you get relaxation of up to 5 years. You just need a caste certificate to get such benefits.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC.
3rd July 2018, 07:09 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for 32 years old SC candidate?

To apply for UPSC IAS recruitment, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You must be an Indian citizen with a good height of 165 cms. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years for general candidates. For OBC and SC/ST candidates the age is 35 years and 37 years. As you are a SC candidate of 32 years, you can apply till the age of 37 years.
4th July 2018, 11:48 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination being a 32 years old SC candidate. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline and who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST category candidates is applicable as per government rules. So, being a SC category candidate, you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination until you attain the age of 37 years.
4th July 2018, 12:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and for your recruitment as an IAS officer, you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in the civil services examination then it is 21 years to 32 years for general category candidates. Age relaxation of 3 years allowed for OBC category candidates while the age relaxation of 5 years is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

So, being 32 years old and belonging to SC category you are eligible for your recruitment as an IAS officer provided you satisfy other requirements for appearing in the same examination.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th July 2018, 04:58 PM
laldeepack
Junior Member+

Hi

Sir / Madam,

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam for SC candidates age 32 years.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS exam:

The candidates must be citizen of Indian

Candidates must be complete Graduation Degree in any Recognized University.

Age limit :

Minimum age 21 years

Maximum age 32 years

Age relaxation are applicable for Government rules.

General candidates : 32 years

OBC candidates : 35 years

SC / ST candidates :37 yeara

PWD candidates : 42 years.

All the best..........
5th July 2018, 08:54 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Educational Qualification :- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a Government recognised university.

2. Age Limit :- 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in upper age is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 years
--> SC/ ST :- 5 years
--> PWD :- 10 years.
6th July 2018, 10:37 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) recruitment (i.e; for civil services examination) then it is 21 years to 32 years for general category candidates. Age relaxation of 3 years is allowed for OBC category and same of 5 years is allowed for SC/ST category candidates.

So, being 32 years old and belonging to SC ( Scheduled caste ) category, you are eligible for the civil services examination and therefore IAS recruitment ( provided you satisfy other eligibility conditions required for appearing in the same examinations ).

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?