3rd August 2016, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

How a Political Science Honours course is beneficial to crack UPSC IAS Examination?

Dear Sir, I have passed 12th Class this year and I would like to pursue Political Science Honours course. Please let me know that how this course helps me in cracking UPSC IAS Examination. What should I to crack this ?

4th August 2016, 10:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a Political Science Honours course is beneficial to crack UPSC IAS Examination?

Yes, it will be beneficial for you in the GS and the optional paper of Mains examination.

There are major number of questions from Political Science related to Indian Constitution in the examination.

So, if you have interest in the course no doubt you can pursue bachelor degree in political science to appear for examination. To qualify in examination you need better preparation with determination and dedication.

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2016, 03:01 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: How a Political Science Honours course is beneficial to crack UPSC IAS Examination?

UPSC conduct Civil Service Exam for various posts. This exam consist of Preliminary test & Written exam & last is interview. You will get optional subjects if you reach to written exam. It does not matter which subject you chose its exam is totally different, your subject will help you in cracking the exam, but there are subjects you have to chose which you may have never studied. Go with Political Science Honours & also join coaching classes for best preparation. Exam is very tough, you need to study daily for 10 hours at least. Complete graduation then apply for this exam. Go through previous years preliminary test & written exam question papers. You need at least 4-5 months to prepare yourself for preliminary test & for main exam again 4 months. Overall you need at least 6-8 months & if you are lucky then crack this exam in first attempt.
7th August 2020, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Which is more good ba ya ba hons with political science for ias
8th August 2020, 01:55 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: How a Political Science Honours course is beneficial to crack UPSC IAS Examination?

To study Indian Politics is a crucial part of UPSC Prelims. If any candidate chooses Political Science International Relations as their UPSC Mains Optional subject, they can align their study of IAS Main with IAS Prelims. It will save a lot of time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?