16th September 2015, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a CID Officer after doing ITI?

Sir,

My name is Rajat pradhan. My qualification is 10th, I.T.I. So, is it possible for me to become a CID Officer? Please sir give me answer.

17th September 2015, 09:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a CID Officer after doing ITI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

My name is Rajat pradhan. My qualification is 10th, I.T.I. So, is it possible for me to become a CID Officer? Please sir give me answer.
No, ITI students are not eligible for CID officer exam.

If you qualify the below given stages then you will become eligible for the post of CID recruitment exam.

1)SSC CGL Tier I

2)SSC CGL Tier II

3)Medical test

4)Physical test

5)Personal interview

Eligibility criteria for CID exam:-

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Age criteria:-

1. Sub Inspectors in CPOs – 20 years to 25 years
2. Assistant / Sub Inspector in CBI – 20 years to 27 years
3. Statistical Investigators – Maximum 26 years
4. For all other posts – 18 years to 27 years.
17th September 2015, 10:42 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible for a candidate who have completed ITI in order to become CID Officer. There are several posts available in Criminal Investigation Department (CID). They are,
* Superintendent
* DSP
* Constable
* DIG
* IGP (Inspector General of Police)
* Assistant Sub Inspector
* Superintendent of Police

Educational qualification required basically varies from post to post. However, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming CID Officer is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. For some of the posts like Sub Inspector, you are required to have "Graduation" as the basic educational qualification. So I suggest you to do at least 12th Class for Constable cadre posts in CID department.
17th September 2015, 10:44 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible for a candidate who have completed ITI in order to become CID Officer. There are several posts available in Criminal Investigation Department (CID). They are,
* Superintendent
* DSP
* Constable
* DIG
* IGP (Inspector General of Police)
* Assistant Sub Inspector
* Superintendent of Police

Educational qualification required basically varies from post to post. However, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming CID Officer is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. For some of the posts like Sub Inspector, you are required to have "Graduation" as the basic educational qualification. So I suggest you to do at least 12th Class for Constable cadre posts in CID department.
17th September 2015, 01:00 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

For applying the CID exam you must have graduation from any Stream.

So, if you have graduation then only you can eligible for CID Post.

CID stands for CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT.

CID post is the government sector job which works to investigation the complex cases under the government of India.

For getting this job you have to Crack the SSC-CGL exam.

And other ELIGIBILITY for CID:

Must be Indian.

Degree holders are eligible.

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates
3 years for OBC candidates
SELECTION PROCESS:

Written exam.
Physical test.
Interview.
17th September 2015, 02:52 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is a crime detection agency under the Government of India. There are two ways to enter into CID one is direct from state police force through promotion and the other one is apply through UPSC. For the post of CID officer the aspirant must be a graduate and possess very good physique. So the aspirant has to complete the graduation to join in CID as Officer.
17th September 2015, 11:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

No, you are not eligible for joining in as a CID officer at this stage, because you are not satisfying the educational qualification needed.

The needed educational qualification is, candidate should have completed degree from a recognized university and it can be in any stream of education. But in the case of yours, you have not completed degree so you are not eligible at this stage and the other criteria's needed to be satisfied are:

Candidate should have citizenship in India. Age limit needed is 20-27 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 20-32 years for SC/ST and for OBC category candidates it is 20-30 years.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the CID office post.
3rd April 2023, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my ITI 2 years
Now what I have to do to become a CID officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?