3rd May 2017, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a central or state government job at the age of 40 years in Kolkata?

Hi, My question is whether it would be possible to get a state or central government job within the age of 40 years for a female graduate? Can you please give me the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the possibilities of getting a state or central government job with age 42 years?
  2. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  3. Can I get a job in any central government department? I am a retired AP state employee
  4. Am I eligible for central government jobs being 39 years of age?
  5. Age limit for Mathematics teachers for getting a job in state or central government? Procedure to get central government teaching job?
  6. Is the maximum age limit for central government job also 36 years for general candidates?
  7. What is the maximum age limit for Central Government Employees for applying for Meghalaya Public Service Commission?
  8. Age criteria for Government jobs after MBA with 59% marks?
  9. Age relaxation to apply in state government job for central government employee?
  10. Am I eligible to get job in State or Central Government after completion of BA with 50% marks?
  11. What is the age relaxation for civil job in state government and central government
  12. Can I apply for State Government job when am 36 years old?
  13. Job opportunities in Central and State Government sector for 27 years old candidate?
  14. List Central or State Government jobs for 30 years old ECE graduate?
  15. List Central or State Government jobs for 30 years old ECE graduates?
  16. Procedure to get teaching job in central and state government schools? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get state or central government job after completion of BPP and B.Com course from Karnataka State Open University?
  18. Can I apply for Government exam being 33 years old Accountant?
4th May 2017, 11:26 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a central or state government job at the age of 40 years in Kolkata?

You are interested to know whether a female graduate (40 years) will get a state or central government job or not.

**I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for any state or central government jobs. The main reason is that the maximum age limit for state or central government jobs such as UPSC CSE, SSC Jobs, Banking jibs etc is 32 years for general candidates. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.
4th May 2017, 01:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a central or state government job at the age of 40 years in Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, My question is whether it would be possible to get a state or central government job within the age of 40 years for a female graduate? Can you please give me the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Thank you!

In West Bengal the age limit for entry into Government Service in Group C and D is 40 years. The age limit for the OBC is 43 years and for SC/ST is 45 years. Therefore, you are eligible to apply for the above mentioned jobs at the age of 40 years.
Regarding Central Government jobs, candidate with experience are eligible to apply for a senior management level with over 40 years of age. There is a lot of variation in age criteria in central government jobs. For some posts the upper age limit is 28 years and other posts it is 32 years.
4th May 2017, 02:02 PM
kalamrockz

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get a central or state job at the age of 40 years in Kolkata. The maximum age requirement to be eligible to apply for government examinations is 35 years. Therefore, I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for government jobs now.
4th May 2017, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get a central or State government job at the age of 40 years. The maximum age limit required to apply for government jobs is 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have crossed the maximum age limit required to apply for government jobs, it is not possible for you to get a central or state government job.
4th May 2017, 11:00 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

It depends on what kind of job role you want to do like if you want to do a job for the past like an officer, P.O, clerk or any other post apart from group C and D than the maximum age limit is 32 years for general candidates and for the reserved candidates like SC/ST there is a relaxation of 05 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 03 years. The maximum age limit for the post of Group C and D is 40 years for general candidates and for the reserved candidates the upper age relaxation is 05 years in case of SC/St and 03 years in case of OBC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?