20th June 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get a bank job after completion B.Com 1st year?

Jey m in bcom 1st year i have passed through 12 wid 52% i want to knw hw cn i get govt bank job wid dis percentage? Can someone please let me know the possibility on the same? Am expecting that someone would reply me back soon.

sanya

20th June 2015, 04:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a bank job after completion B.Com 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Jey m in bcom 1st year i have passed through 12 wid 52% i want to knw hw cn i get govt bank job wid dis percentage? Can someone please let me know the possibility on the same? Am expecting that someone would reply me back soon.

sanya
You are in B.Com in First year so you are not eligible for Bank exam.

Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO and clerical exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
20th June 2015, 06:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a bank job after completion B.Com 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

sanya
No, you cannot get a job after just having completed 1st year of B.com as you are not satisfying the needed education qualification for applying for Bank exams. There are many banks which are conducting the bank exams for many posts and you could apply for the post of Probationary officer. The needed educational qualification for applying for PO post is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university. In the case of yours, only completed 1st year of B.com does not make you eligible.

The other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied along with the educational qualification are:

# Candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard

# Age limit needed for general category candidate is 21-30 years

# There are relaxation for other category candidates such as 21-35 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 21-33 years

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the Bank PO exam. The pattern for the exam is:

20th June 2015, 07:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for any bank jobs being a first year student of your bachelor of commerce degree course as for these one must have a bachelor degree with any discipline so once you complete your bachelor's degree course you can apply for the same.

Generally to get job in banks as a bank clerk or a bank probationary officer you will have to crack their respective entrance examination such as IBPS examinations or SBI examinations for which the necessary eligibility criteria are as following :-

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* You must hold a bachelor's degree with any discipline from a recognized university with any aggregate.

* Your age must be within 20 years for the bank clerks and for the Bank probationary officer it must be within 21 years to 30 years. Here age relaxation is provided to categories other than general as per the government norms.

* Also you must know to operate a computer as the banking jobs are computer based.

Also the examinations are held in two stages which are called as Written examination and Personal interview respectively.

For information regarding the question pattern of these examination and notifications regarding the upcoming same examinations log on to their respective links that are www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.in.
20th June 2015, 08:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, now you are not eligible to apply for the banking jobs. As the minimum eligibility for the most of the examination is the graduation.

The minimum eligibility to apply for the Clerk and PO examination is:-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for the Clerk and the 21-32 for the PO. There is relaxation for the OBC and the SC/ST candidate.

There is no limitation on the discipline and the aggregate of the graduation to appear.

The examination are conducted by the IBPS and the SBI. So you have to wait for the 2 years and 3years for the graduation. So start your preparation and wait till the graduation is completed.

The examination are conducted in two stages as the Written and the Interview. The candidate who qualifies in the written are only eligible for the Interview.

The details information you can get from the official website of the SBI and IBPS.
20th June 2015, 09:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are have to wait till your graduation degree to appear for the banking examination. The minimum eligibility required to appear for the banking examination conducted by the IBPS and SBI for the Clerk and PO examination is graduation.

IBPS stands for the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection and it conducts the examination for the recruitment of different posts within the banks.

The eligibility to appear for the examination:-
* Candidate must have passed /completed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for the Clerk and 21-30 years for the PO.

So, you must have to wait till your graduation. There is special relaxation on the upper age limit for the OBC,SC/ST, Physically Handicapped and Ex- service man.

So you can start your preparation from now as the examination requires hard work along with your graduation course. The examination paper contains question of Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English amd Data Interpretation.

So keep proper practice of these to qualify in the examination.
20th June 2015, 10:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually there is No percentage requirement for Bank Exams but you need to fulfill the required educational qualification. As I said before you must satisfy the below requirements to get eligible for " Bank Exams ".

Eligibility to apply for Bank Exams :

* You must complete at least graduation from the recognized University in any stream.

* There is No requirement of percentage of graduation or any qualification to get bank job.

* Age should varies from the type of post. Actually for the post of Clerk you should have age in between 20 to 28 years.

* For the post of PO posts you should have an age in between 21 to 30 years. There is a Age relaxation applicable for the reserved candidates.

* But being a First year candidate of graduation you don't have required eligibility to apply for bank exams.

In India there is a SBI top recruiting Bank and also there is a Common Written Examination conducted by IBPS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?