4th August 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply in CDS entrance exam for 12th female candidate? Suitable books for preparation?

Hello,
I am a girl and I want to join Indian Air Force. Now I am studying in standard 12th and I want to start my preparation for CDS entrance exam from now so can you please guide me that which books should I refer and what should I do more? What will be the procedure for applying CDS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I prepare to crack CDS entrance exam? Suitable books for preparation?
  2. How can I prepare to qualify in CDS exam through self study? Suitable books for preparation?
  3. What are the posts available in CDS for 21 years old female candidate who is pursuing B.Sc(Mathematics)?
  4. Procedure for girls to join CDS after Graduation? -- [New]
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after finishing MBA?
  6. Procedure to apply for NTSE? Pattern and suitable books for preparation?
  7. Eligibility to apply in CDS-OTA for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year female candidate?
  8. Qualifications requirements for Pharmacist Job in Indian Air Force?
  9. What is the qualification for a girl to join Indian Army?
  10. Which books are best to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  11. Cutoff marks required to qualify in CDS OTA? Suitable books for preparation?
  12. How can a female candidate get admission in CDS? Information about CDS?
  13. When the notification of West Bengal Co-Operative Service Commission exam will be released? Procedure to apply and suitable books for preparation?
  14. Books to be referred for CDS entrance exam?
  15. Best books for preparation for CDS/SSB interviews? How to apply for CBI entry's as officers? Eligibility and books to be referred for the same?
  16. What shall I do after Higher Secondary education to join Indian Army? Opportunities available for women in Army?
  17. What kind of Government Jobs are best suitable for me after completion of B.Tech in ECE being a female candidate?
  18. Syllabus of Group I and Group II exam? Books which will be helpful for my preparation? Procedure to apply for exam? -- [Most Discussed]
5th August 2015, 05:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in CDS entrance exam for 12th female candidate? Suitable books for preparation?

Being a 10+2 female candidate, you can not apply for the Combined Defense Services examination as the minimum academic qualification required to apply for the exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

So, you need to first complete your bachelor's degree. For Indian Air force, you must have done bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Physics or you should have bachelor's degree in engineering or technology.

The age limit for the Air Force academy under CDS is 19-23 years. Once you meet both these criteria, you can apply for the exam during final year of bachelor's degree. Yes, you can start your preparation for the CDS exam from now also. It contains written test and Service Selection Board.

>>Lucent for General Knowledge and Science.

>>Wren and Martin for English.

>>For Mathematics, you can refer to NCERT books of mathematics from class seventh to 10th.

>>Arihant Pathfinder for CDS preparation.
5th August 2015, 05:35 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in CDS entrance exam for 12th female candidate? Suitable books for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am a girl and I want to join Indian Air Force. Now I am studying in standard 12th and I want to start my preparation for CDS entrance exam from now so can you please guide me that which books should I refer and what should I do more? What will be the procedure for applying CDS exam?
You cannot apply for the CDS exam at this stage, as per the eligibility standards framed for the exam. The eligibility standard needed for the exam states that candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university but in the case of yours, having completed only +2 makes you ineligible to apply for the exam.

To join in Indian Air force, the qualification needed are candidate should have a citizenship in India. Age limit needed is 19-24 years and regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have completed a degree with physics and mathematics as subjects.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the CDS exam.
5th August 2015, 08:16 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam after 12th class. There is no entrance exam for a girl candidate to get in Indian Defence Services after 12th.
You can apply for CDS exam after completion of graduation degree.
You can apply for CDS exam online on http://upsc.gov.in.

Books for CDS exams :

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers of CDS Mathematics / English / General Ability (English) 5th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Arihant Experts
Released: 2014
Publisher: Arihant

Mathematics for C. D. S. Entrance Examination (English) 1st Edition
Author: Aggarwal, R S|Author;
Released: 1990
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher
5th August 2015, 10:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
No, 12th standard girls candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam. But after completion of graduation degree you can apply for Indian Air Force through CDS exam.

Procedure for CDS exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

How to apply CDS exam:-

Log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in

Click on the link of “Notification: Combined Defense Services Exam (I) 2015″ in the “What’s New” window.

Open the link “CDS I 2015 Online Registration“

Click on the link “Click here”

Then fill all the mandatory details and submit it.

Make payment of application fee.

Then complete the “Part- II Registration” process and submit final application form.

Also take a printout for further reference
6th August 2015, 01:31 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to Apply for CDS Exam:

To be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination, the minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation from a recognized university. Since you are a 12th Candidate, you cannot appear in CDS Examination. To appear in CDS Examination, you are required to meet the educational Qualification. CDS notification gets released in August and March months (held twice a year). So whenever, the notification gets released I suggest you to apply for the CDS Examination by going through the below link.

Click here to view latest exam updates

Click here for More Details

Best Books for CDS Exam Preparation:

* CDSE Examination Book Pathfinder by Arihant Publications

* For CDS Exam Solved Papers (Chapterwise solutions)

* Pathfinder CDS Entrance Examination conducted by UPSC by Expert Compilations

* CDS Exam Guide : Combined Defense Services Exam by Datason Rp by New Light Publishers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?