18th July 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for UPSC lower PCS exam

Hi, I am serving in army since 14 years and going to be retire in next two years. Please tell me about preparation of UPSC lower PCS exam and how I should prepare for that from now onward. Is there any benefit of being ex-serviceman in this exam?

21st July 2017, 04:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for UPSC lower PCS exam

Procedure to apply for UPSC Lower PCS Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for UPSC Lower PCS Examination even being an ex-servicemen. But remember that you are required to apply for UPSC lower pcs examination only when you meet the required age criteria. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

>> Minimum Age Required - 18 years

>> Maximum Age Allowed - 40 years

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Lower PCS Examination is "Intermediate" or "Equivalent" qualification from a recognized university.

Selection process basically consists of Written Test followed by Interview. I suggest you to refer UPSC website frequently and click on Combined Lower Subordinate online Application form.
29th July 2017, 03:30 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for UPSC lower PCS exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am serving in army since 14 years and going to be retire in next two years. Please tell me about preparation of UPSC lower PCS exam and how I should prepare for that from now onward. Is there any benefit of being ex-serviceman in this exam?
If you want to apply for the PCS (Provincial Civil Services) then you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria for it.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PCS:-

>> Candidate must be Indian citizen.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is 12th or equivalent qualification.

>> Candidate age must be in between 21 to 40 years.

>> Candidate must have done 12th or you can say previous qualification from govt. recognized institutes.

SELECTION PROCEDURE DETAILS:-
>> Three step selection.

:- Preliminary exam.

:- Main exam.

:- Personal interview.

EXAM DATES FOR UPCOMING UPSC PCS EXAM 2018:-

>> Official notification published for preliminary exam is January 2018 and for Main exam is August 2018.

>> Last date to submit application form for preliminary exam is February 2018 and for main exam is September 2018.

>> Date of written exam for preliminary exam is June 2018 and for Main exam is November 2018.

>> Date of result declaration for preliminary exam is July 2018 and for main exam is December 2018.

Results of exam will be declared on the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?