28th August 2013, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PCS test after doing UG in pharmacy

hi sir kindly explain me about pcs test?i m da undergraduate student of pharmacy n next year inshALH i ll appear in pcs test kindly guide me how to pass pcs test?n whatz its passing criteria?n how can i apply for jobs as a pharmacist?n

28th August 2013, 10:11 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PCS test after doing UG in pharmacy

Hi,
PCS exam stands for Public Services Services. you can apply after graduation degree from any stream.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

Last date of apply for this examination was already Over. If you have missed the chance in this year, then please prepare for next year examination.

The Notification of Civil services examination will generally published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website in the month of February.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination.

PCS stands for Punjab civil services and to apply for this you have to complete your degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

You should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 35 years. Upper age limit Relaxation, upto 10 years to the disabled persons of Punjab. The examination is objective with negative marking. So you are eligible for Civil services examination as well as Punjab civil services examination. for more details you can visit the official website of UPSC.

All the best........................
28th August 2013, 10:36 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes any Graduation will make you eligible for PCS exam. Hence if you have completed B.Pharma. then you should start your preparation for PCS Exam.

PCS is conducted by State Public Service Commission for various reputed posts in the State Government.

You should also fulfill other criteria also then only you will be eligible for PCS exam.

Age Limit:

The age should be between 21 to 35 years if you want to apply for this exam. Age relaxation is given to those who belong to reserved category.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

Mode Of Selection:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

So you should be very well prepared for the above stages. The marks in these stages will be the deciding factor in your selection.

You asked how to apply for pharmacist jobs. As you are having Pharmacy degree so you can apply for pharmacist jobs in various government organisations when they release vacancy. You must be a registered pharmacist in state pharmacy council.

2nd September 2013, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

How many criteria to pass the pcs exam explain in detail. Any medical test is conducted.
16th July 2022, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

What would be the syllabus for PCS exam for a pharmacist???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?