5th May 2014, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Qualification, age and physical fitness required for Train Driver?

Sir , I Want To Become Train Driver. Please Say Me About Train Driver Qualification , Age Limit , Physical Test & Where Is The Course For Train Driver ?

8th May 2014, 07:17 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Qualification, age and physical fitness required for Train Driver?

As you have asked the requirements, qualification, age to become a train driver.Train driver is an unique profession in which you don’t need an formal qualification. If you’re written application is accepted and then you are invited to a daylong assessment process along with other applicants. The written applicant will provide basic detail about you like your educational background, health, family records and others. The day long assessment involves a huge number of oral and practical examinations which will be with you and other applicants.

There are some general requirements to become a train driver the minimum age required to become a train driver is 21 years.your height would be between 5’5” to 6’4” so that you can fit the cab control desk. You must be generally fit and not grossly overweight and there are not much requirements of your weight. Your body weight should be around 61 kg. You will also have test on diabetes, electrocardiogram, and blood pressure test.

There will be also a eye sight test to check that the driver can see clearly or not. The railway group will also check your ability of concentration for long period, strength of character, honesty, understanding of basic engineering ability, and physical co-ordination. These are the requirements to be a train driver.
9th May 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask that can i get the job of train driver and what is the salrey of train driver hight=5.6 wight=57
25th September 2014, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

i am hadicaped person (15%), shall i apply the train driver post ? i can drive 2 weeler, 3 wheeler, 4 wheelers
26th April 2017, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

How and from where I can apply for locomotive driver and also I have passed class 12
23rd June 2017, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Is science a necessity to be taken after 10?? Or commerce is also preferable to become a train driver??
6th August 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir my weight is above 61 kg so can I apply for assistant local pilot and I paased class 10 by ICSE board in which I got 71% marks
5th April 2019, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir my weight is above 90 kgs and height is 5'8" can you please tell me whether I will be rejected in the medical fitness of Assistant Loco Pilot??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?