8th October 2015, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Is studying Law a good option for Civil Service aspirants?

Hello, I am an HSC student. And i have a definite passion for civil services. I want to study law before appearing for civil services. Is it a good option or not?

I really want to be a civil officer.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I take Law as an option in mains UPSC? I'm in 1st year Ph.D (Agriculture) in New Delhi and preparing for civil service exam
  2. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  3. What is the percentage criteria required in Graduation for Civil Service aspirants?
  4. How can I go for Civil Service after studying Law? What kind of questions will come?
  5. How should I plan myself to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 11th class?
  6. Which graduation course to take for giving UPSC exam after 12th?
  7. Last 10 years question papers of Law for Civil Service mains exam?
  8. Public Service Commission, West Bengal Departmental Examination For Officers of The West Bengal Civil Service-Law Paper-I (Criminal Law and the Law of Evidence) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  9. Information about IPS exam? What is the schedule of the exam and how to crack it?
  10. Is there any problem in IPS Medical test if there in rod in left leg?
  11. How should I prepare for Civil Service Exam? I am studying in 12th
  12. How is the IPS exam conducted? Which are the subjects for IPS? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Procedure to become IPS officer? Which officer should I contact?
  14. Can I join Law course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? What is the maximum age limit for this?
  15. Can I do law along with my B.Com while studying in FYB.Com
  16. As per my 11th standard subject combinations can I become an IPS Officer?
  17. Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil serv
  18. Is it a good option to law after B.Com?
10th October 2015, 12:55 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is studying Law a good option for Civil Service aspirants?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the Law and also to get the recruitment in the civil services.

To join the civil services you have to qualify in the Civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year. The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you can definitely fulfil your both the dream.So you need to first enroll yourself in the LLB course and after that appear for the examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?