29th October 2016, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I take in intermediate and graduation to become a Civil Officer?

Hello Sir, I want to sit for the IAS entrance exam so I want to know which subject should I take in intermediate and graduation to become a Civil Officer? Please suggest.

30th October 2016, 07:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take in intermediate and graduation to become a Civil Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I want to sit for the IAS entrance exam so I want to know which subject should I take in intermediate and graduation to become a Civil Officer? Please suggest.
After completion of 12th standard in Arts, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
30th October 2016, 07:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take in intermediate and graduation to become a Civil Officer?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Officer and for the recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in intermediate and in bachelor degree to appear for Civil Services examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2016, 09:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, issue if you are interested in appearing for Civil Service examination you are eligible to pursue any course in the 10+2 and 10+2+3.

As, the required qualification to appear for the Civil Service examination conducted by the UPSC is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for the examination is 21-32 with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?