31st July 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Suggest Railway or Teacher jobs for 11 passed students?

I belong to a poor and not well educated family. I want a job in Railways or a job as a Teacher. I have passed 11th this year from a government school.

1st August 2015, 12:10 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suggest Railway or Teacher jobs for 11 passed students?

Being a Class 12th student you are not eligible for the teaching jobs at present but you have the option for joining in Indian railways for which you are required to clear the SCRA examination.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year and the general eligibility required for the same are as below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have higher secondary degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

Also to get teaching job you are required to either pursue diploma in education course or a bachelor degree course from a recognized university and then have to crack the teacher eligibility test ( TET ).

You could opt for your desired option and which you suits you the best.
1st August 2015, 12:14 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

To get a government job you must at least complete your intermediate which is +2 in any stream as your wish then only you can apply in any government post in railways or in teacher post.

But if you are interested to became a teacher then you have to do B.Ed , A Bachelor of Education is an undergraduate professional degree which prepares students for work as a teacher in schools .

I think you should prepare for Railways exam which is better than teacher, you have to just apply for the exam & work hard to get the entrance exam cracked .
1st August 2015, 12:57 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I belong to a poor and not well educated family. I want a job in Railways or a job as a Teacher. I have passed 11th this year from a government school.
You cannot get into either of the jobs after completing 11th. The minimum qualification to join in the posts if completed +2 and degree. When you complete your respected +2 then you are eligible for joining in railways. The possible way is by applying for the respected entrance exam which is SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices).

By applying for this exam you can join in railways, and there are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied such as:

# Candidate need to have citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is between 17-21 years

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed +2 with physics, mathematics and chemistry as subjects with at least 50% aggregate.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply. To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st August 2015, 12:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 11th standard candidates are not eligible for government school teacher jobs.

But you can apply for Railway jobs in Group D post.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible for Group D exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
1st August 2015, 08:58 PM
pjgp

Eligibility for teachers:
12 th class qualified from recognised college with 50% aggregate.
Middle school:teacher training certificate (ttc) or its equivalent with minimum 10+2.
High school:bachelors of education(B.ed).
Minimum qualification:graduation
24th June 2020, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

What is the timings and work pressure for RRB, is this better than the timings of teaching profession
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?