7th December 2021, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Is there any job for CA in Income tax department?

Hello sir, As a chartered accountant how should I get job in income tax department directly without fulfilling lengthy process ad which profile I get ad what package I receive in job as a CA..Ad Which small exam I need to pass so as to enter in income tax department ..Sir please guide me

8th December 2021, 01:29 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is there any job for CA in Income tax department?

First of all, you know that CA's cannot directy become Income Tax officers.
Or ,to become an Income Tax officer you have to pass {the Civil Services (IRS) examination, interview, go through the selection process} .
And then become a Income Tax officer.
8th December 2021, 01:44 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, there isn't any job for CA in this department.
Actually, CA's cannot directy become Income Tax officers. To become an Income Tax officer you must pass the Civil Services (IRS) examination. Then you have to go through the selection process, interview and then become a Income Tax officer.
8th December 2021, 06:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° To become an income tax officer you have to pass the civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and there you have to choose the post of IRS.
Chartered Accountants cannot be directly become Income Tax Officers.
Chartered Accountants with an experience in direct tax after a number of years of practice may be considered for the position of accounting member in the income tax Administrative Tribunal.
However, this is usually for persons after some 15 to 20 years of experience and the conditions are several.
8th December 2021, 06:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

For income tax officer, first of all you will have to crack a Combined Graduate Level exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission. As you have completed chartered accountant, you will be eligible to apply for exam as any professional course is treated equivalent to graduation, but there are no such examinations conducted specifically for chartered accountants to become an income tax officer.
For further details you can visit to the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
8th December 2021, 07:49 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

CA's cannot directy become Income Tax officers. To become an Income Tax officer you have to pass the Civil Services (IRS) examination, interview, go through the selection process and then become a Income Tax officer.
9th December 2021, 11:02 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a job for CA in the Income-Tax department, you can become an Income Tax Officer. For that, you have to pass the Civil Services (IRS) examination, interview, and go through the selection process and then become an Income Tax Officer. CA's with experience can apply directly after a number of years of practice for the position of Accounting member in the Income Tax Administrative Tribunal (ITAT).

I am also giving you the staff selection commission website link for your reference that is https://ssc.nic.in/
9th December 2021, 10:14 PM
periwinkle09876

CA's cannot directly become Income Tax officers. To become an income tax officer you have to pass the civil services examination for the post of IRS.
Civil services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
CA's experience in direct tax after number of years of practice may be considered for the position of accounting member in the income tax Administrative Tribunal.
However, this is usually for persons after 15 to 20 years of experience and the conditions are several.

Official website for more information
http://www.upsc.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?