8th December 2016, 03:38 PM
imhv

What is the age limit and no. of attempts for a Handicapped student to apply for IAS exam?

Respected Sir, My name is Himanshu and I have a confusion regarding age limit and number of attempts. I belongs to OBC and low vision Handicapped category with 45% disability. I want to know what is the age limit and no. of attempts for a Handicapped student to apply for IAS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

9th December 2016, 12:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit and no. of attempts for a Handicapped student to apply for IAS exam?

Age Criteria Required and Number of Attempts for a Handicapped candidate to apply for IAS Exam:

Number of Attempts to appear in IAS Examination and the age criteria required to appear in IAS Examination basically varies from Category to category. i.e., Age criteria varies from OBC to General and one category to another caste category. Here are the details that are required for Physically Handicapped candidates.

Age Criteria for Handicapped Candidates :

>> For General Candidates - 32 years

>> For Handicapped Candidates - There is a relaxation of 10 years. So the maximum age allowed for handicapped candidates is 42 years

Number of Attempts for Handicapped Candidates:

>> For Physically disabled candidates - 9 attempts
9th December 2016, 01:55 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the age limit and no. of attempts for a Handicapped student to apply for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhv View Post
Respected Sir, My name is Himanshu and I have a confusion regarding age limit and number of attempts. I belongs to OBC and low vision Handicapped category with 45% disability. I want to know what is the age limit and no. of attempts for a Handicapped student to apply for IAS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

The age limit for the physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic) 42 years (32+10 years) to apply for IAS examination (Civil Service Examination). The number of attempts for physically disabled candidates will be 9 attempts for OBC and unlimited till age limit for SC/ST candidates. The civil service examinations will be conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination consists of three parts namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for the civil services examinations. The UPSC website link is Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?