26th September 2015, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

What are the competitive exams I need to prepare for to get the government job while doing my B.E final year civil engineering?

Hello,

Now I am in my final year of B.E. Civil Engineering.. At this stage of my study I don't know how I should proceed further . I wish to get a good job either private or government. but I prefer government job the most . so what should I do now ? Do I have to write any competitive exams ? if so , what are the exams I need to prepare for ? pls help me . I don't have any standing arrears.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  2. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  3. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  4. What are the exams which will help to get a government job after completing civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What should I do to get a government job while I am doing 3rd year B.E Civil Engineering course?
  6. Which courses I have to do while doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in order to get a Government Job? Which exams do I need to answer?
  7. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  8. How to go for government job after scoring 51% in B.A Programming? How to prepare for government competitive exams?
  9. Are there any extra courses/competitive exams/extra academics that I have to prepare for while or after Civil Engineering Degree?
  10. Am I eligible to write TNPSC group I and II exam after doing B.E final year civil engineering? What is the syllabus?
  11. Is age limit of 21 compulsory for a government job?
  12. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  13. Government job for Civil engineering for fresher?
  14. What should I do to get a government job after completion of B.Tech In civil engineering?
  15. How to get a government job in Karnataka? Which all exams to write?
  16. Which competitive exams do I need to answer to study MBA in government university while in ECE 3rd year? How to prepare for it?
  17. Is there any competitive exam to get government jobs after completing B.E.?
  18. What are the jobs for civil engineering other than field? What are the exams need to be written to get private sector as well as government jobs?
27th September 2015, 01:27 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the competitive exams I need to prepare for to get the government job while doing my B.E final year civil engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to write all the competitive exams conducted by various government organizations.

The candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to get recruited in any government sector.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be in the range of 21-40 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidates should complete bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidate who are appearing in their qualifying examination are also eligible.

Some of the government sector organizations which offer employment to the civil graduates are given below :

* Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL).

* Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).

* Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited.

* MMTC Limited.

* Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.

* National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).

* Hindustan Zinc Limited.

They can also find the emoployment in the other sectors by writing the exam conducted by government of India or respective state. some of them are given below :

* UPSC.

* SSC.

* Railways (RRB).

* IBPS PO.

* IBPS SO.

* IAS.

* IFS.

* IES.

* CDS.
27th September 2015, 01:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the competitive exams I need to prepare for to get the government job while doing my B.E final year civil engineering?

The government jobs exams for which you can prepare while pursuing final year of civil engineering are as follows:

1. Indian Engineering Services exam.

2. GATE exam for PSU jobs.

3. CDS and AFCAT for defense jobs.

4. SBI and IBPS for banking jobs.

5. SSC CGL exams.

6. Railway Recruitment Board exams.

7. IB ACIO exams.

So, select a particular exam as per your goal and prepare with hard work and determination to crack the exam to get the government job.
27th September 2015, 06:32 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

There are lot of exams available for you at the end of Final year of your graduation since you will have a eligibility for almost all exams. And here I am providing you the various competitive exams through those you will get a government job.

<> Bank Exam's

<> UPSC Civil's

<> Defense Exams

<> Indian Engineering Services

<> GATE and many other exams.

But the decision is taken by you only. In which sector you are interested in .
27th September 2015, 10:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There are so many competitive exams which you can write in order to get a government job being a civil engineer. In final year you can apply for the following entrance exams:

~~Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering for PSUs jobs because in recent time all PSUs recruit through GATE scorecard.

~~You can apply for following UPSC exams:

1. Civil Services exam.

2. Indian Engineering Services exam.

3. CDS exam.

~~Railway Recruitment Board exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?