15th November 2016, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to know what is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer especially the height? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  2. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  3. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  5. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  6. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  7. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  8. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  9. What is the physical criteria required to become a STF officer?
  10. Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?
  11. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  12. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  13. Information about IAS eligibility criteria?
  14. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  15. What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required? -- [New]
  16. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  18. What is the steps to follow to become an IAS officer in future?
17th November 2016, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to know what is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer especially the height? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in IAS exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Final year candidates are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
17th November 2016, 02:33 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The physical requirement is as follows;

> Candidate's height should not be below 165 cms for men and 150 cms for women.

> Candidate's chest size should not be below 84 cms for men and 79 cms for women.

> Eyesight in both the sexes should be 6/6.
17th November 2016, 04:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you are physically and mentally fit then you are eligible to become Indian Administrative Services officer. Like Indian Police Service officer, there is no such specific criteria required for IAS officer. You need to satisfy following eligibility criteria:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation to reserved category.
17th November 2016, 04:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS cadre even physically handicapped candidates are eligible. There is physical requirements only for IPS cadre, as it involves rigorous training before joining.

Hence, you shouldn't worry about physical fitness, if you are aiming for IAS officer post. Just make sure that you are well prepared for prelims, mains and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?