17th November 2016, 04:57 PM
Shah raw

What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to know what is the Physical criteria required for IAS post? My height is 5'2"inches, I want to know am I eligible for the post? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  3. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  4. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  5. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  6. Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?
  7. What is the criteria for glass user in Rajasthan Sub Inspector post? Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it? -- [New]
  8. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for IAS post? What is the age limit for the same?
  9. What is the qualification criteria required to become an SP? What is the age and physical criteria required?
  10. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  11. What physicial requirements are needed for being an Income Tax Officer?
  12. What is the Physical criteria required for an Army Commando?
  13. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  14. Physical Requirements for IAS Entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the physical medical criteria followed for applying UPSC IAS?
  16. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  17. What is the Physical criteria required for Regional Transport Office (RTO)?
  18. What is the percentage criteria required to become IAS?
18th November 2016, 11:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?

Physical Criteria Required for IAS Officer Post:

The basic physical standards required for IAS officer post is as follows.

>> Minimum Height required for Male candidates - 165 cms

>> Minimum Height required for Female candidates - 160 cms

As your height is 5 Feet 2 Inches, if it is equivalent to cms then it would be around 158 cms. So 5 Feet 2 Inches means 158 cms and based on this you are not eligible to apply for IAS officer post as far as my best knowledge is concerned.
18th November 2016, 11:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah raw View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to know what is the Physical criteria required for IAS post? My height is 5'2"inches, I want to know am I eligible for the post? Please answer as soon as possible.
IAS exam doesn't require any physical criteria. But IPS exam have some physical criteria.

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?