22nd March 2022, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the possibilities to join Indian Army after completion of B.Com?

Currently I'm pursuing my 12th and will qualify in the year 2018 after which I'm planning to join B.Com course at the same time I'm interested in joining Indian Army. Will I be eligible to join Indian Army based on this qualification? If not, what should I study?

24th March 2022, 10:45 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities to join Indian Army after completion of B.Com?

Yes, it's possible to join Indian Army after completing BCom because to join Indian Army candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

And candidates also have to appear in the entrance exam CDS after qualifying in this exam you are eligible to join Indian Army.

Candidates age limit should be 19- 25 years.
26th March 2022, 11:10 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities to join Indian Army after completion of B.Com?

The candidate has to appear for CDS exam conducted by UPSC .
After selection training will be provided by IMA and it's duration will be 18 months.
This is an SSC entry.

If one gets recommended by SSC and clear the medical exam then one can join Indian army provided your name comes in the merit list.
26th March 2022, 03:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of the course. So, you can appear for the examination and examination is conducted in two stages.

So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in both stages eligible for the final selection in Indian Army as an officer.
27th March 2022, 08:29 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

There are possibilities to join the Indian Army after completion of your BCom. The most common way to join the Indian Army after graduation is through CDS (Combined Defence Services Examination). It is a common entrance examination that is held twice a year in September/October and February/March by the UPSC. The candidates who choose Indian Military Academy Officers Training Academy as their training institute must be between 19 to 24 years of age. Whereas those candidates who choose Officers Training Academy as their training institute should be between 19 to 25 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?