28th October 2016, 12:27 AM
saikumar gundarapu

What is the qualification required to become a DSP?

Hello Sir, I am Sai Kumar pursuing B.Tech 2nd year. I am interested in becoming a DSP so can you please tell me What is the qualification required to become a DSP? Which book should I refer for preparing for the exam?

29th October 2016, 04:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to become a DSP?

DSP is an acronym for Deputy Superintendent of Police. One who get selected for IPS is kept under a probation period as an SP of a district in the state in which the candidate has been allocated.After the probation period of two years,the candidate is confirmed as a district superintendent of police.

One who wishes to become a deputy superintendent of police have to write an open competitive examination conducted by State Public Service commission or Union Public Service commission.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category. Relaxation in age is provided to OBC candidate of 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure consists of

* Preliminary Examination
* Mains Examination
* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.
29th October 2016, 10:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

DSP stands for Deputy Superintendent of Police. You can get this post through Public Service Commission conducted by your state government.

*The eligibility criteria for examination is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination.

*Age limit varies from state to state, however, common age limit for this examination is 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for this examination in final year of Engineering. You can also apply for Civil Services examination in final year to directly become Superintendent of Police.
29th October 2016, 11:39 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become a DSP, a candidate must be a graduate from a valid university in any faculty and must be between 21 years to 32 years. You need to give either state public service commission or UPSC civil service exam.
You should finish your graduation then apply.
You can buy UPSC Civil Service Exam books to prepare and also join the coaching class.
15th June 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I want become an DSP now iam studying BA criminology course..so after I finished this course how to prepare tnpsc examination selection process & syllabus pattern what material wants to use plz mention sir....
22nd February 2020, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I am final year student of BS emergency In Rmi Hospital ... and i want to become a DSp officer ....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?