16th February 2017, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

What relaxation do orthopaedically handicapped candidates get in IAS exam?

Sir, I am a graduate and a physically disabled candidate of general category. Tell me how much relaxation do I will get in IAS exam. I am orthopedically handicapped.

17th February 2017, 05:18 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Default Re: What relaxation do orthopaedically handicapped candidates get in IAS exam?

Relaxation for orthopaedically handicapped candidate in IAS exam:

> Relaxations are given to handicapped candidate in terms of age, qualification and cutoffs.

> Handicapped candidate with the general category is eligible for 7 attempts.

> Handicapped candidate with a general category is relaxed up to maximum age of 10 years.
18th February 2017, 08:58 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: What relaxation do orthopaedically handicapped candidates get in IAS exam?

The minimum age requirement to appear for IAS exam is 21 years as on 1st August of that year when the exam is going to held.
The upper age relaxation for OBC candidate is 35 years and for the Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedically handicapped person is 42 years.
In this exam there are certain restriction on the number of attempts also the General candidate can attempt only 6 times till 32 years of age, the OBC candidate can attempt 9 times till 35 years of age and Physically handicapped can attempt 9 times till 42 years. Your attempt only counts if you appear the preliminary exam if you fill the form and don’t appear for exam then it will not count.
19th February 2017, 08:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a graduate and a physically disabled candidate of general category. Tell me how much relaxation do I will get in IAS exam. I am orthopedically handicapped.
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years
For PH candidate:21 to 42 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
7th August 2017, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

What deformities come under orthopaedically handicapped?...i've my hand operated with 2 steel rod in my right hand does this counted
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?