22nd May 2015, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in Higher Secondary to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer?

Sir,
I have completed my 10th and my aim is
to become an Indian Administrative Officer.
I would like to know that which stream is suitable
in Higher Secondary to achieve my aim?
Kindly suggest me.

24th May 2015, 11:06 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Higher Secondary to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer?

You can choose any stream in Higher Secondary after completion of your 10th standard. To become an Indian Administrative Service Officer, you need to pursue Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university after completion of your 12th standard. After completion of your Graduation course, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
24th May 2015, 12:35 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I study in Higher Secondary to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer?

Nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer. There is no particular area to study to become an IAS officer. Any stream candidate can apply for IAS officer. So, you can purse any stream which you want to study. Let's the eligibility criteria to apply for this examination.

-An applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-An applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
-Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories.
-Those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also apply.
24th May 2015, 07:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my 10th and my aim is
to become an Indian Administrative Officer.
I would like to know that which stream is suitable
in Higher Secondary to achieve my aim?
Kindly suggest me.
You should study graduation degree first then you can apply for Indian Administrative Officer exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?