28th October 2021, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for GPSC examination? When is the exam of GPSC? Books to be referred?

i want to know the syllabus of GPSC examination AND WHEN IS THE EXAM OF GPSC I MEAN WHICH BOOKS ARE IMPORTANT FOR THIS EXAM ...... GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT IT.......
i am 3rd year engineering(branch:- IT ) student....

31st October 2021, 12:03 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for GPSC examination? When is the exam of GPSC? Books to be referred?

The total marks in GPSC mains are 900 marks, the 6 exams are the Gujrati, English, Essay, General studies 1, General studies 2, General Studies 3. Comprehension, Synonyms, Translation of Sentences, Grammar, Vocabulary, Error Detection, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Plural Forms, And Phrases/Muhavare etc.
31st October 2021, 12:15 AM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: What is the syllabus for GPSC examination? When is the exam of GPSC? Books to be referred?

What is the syllabus for GPSC examination? When is the exam of GPSC? Books to be referred?

The total marks in GPSC mains are 900 marks, the 6 exams are the Gujrati, English, Essay, General studies 1, General studies 2, General Studies 3. Comprehension, Synonyms, Translation of Sentences, Grammar, Vocabulary, Error Detection, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Plural Forms, And Phrases/Muhavare, etc.

Gujarat History – Gujaratno Itihas (In Gujarati) by Ajay Patel, Hiren Kakdiya, Sanjay Paghdal.
Modern History – Bipan Chandra.
Geography – Majid Hussain.
Economy – Ramesh Singh.
Indian Polity – Laxmikanth.
India Year Book.
31st October 2021, 03:09 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Syllabus for GPSC exam:-

> Prelims:
The GPSC prelim is comprised two papers that are MCQ based.

Paper 1- history, cultural heritage, constitution, policy, social justice and international relations, general mental ability

Paper 2- Indian economy and planning, geography, Science and technology, current events

> Main Exam:-
Gujarati - comprehension, synonyms, translation of sentences, grammar, vocabulary, error detection, antonyms, fill in the blanks etc

English - essay, letter writing, press release/ Appeal, report writing, writing on visual information, formal speech, reading comprehension, English grammar

Essay - current affairs, socio political issues, socio economic issues, environmental issues, issues related to civic awareness and reflective topics.

General studies - history of India, culture heritage, geography, Indian politics, public administration, ethics in public service, Science and technology, current events of regional, language and international importance.

List of books:-

> Modern history by Bipin Chandra
> Modern India by Sumit Sarkar
> Facets of Indian culture by spectrum
> Indian polity bi M. Lakshminath
> Indian economy by Ramesh Singh
> International and national current affairs but team Youwin
> History of modern India by AC Banerjee
> Quantitative aptitude and reasoning books by RS Aggarwal
> English language by SP Bakshi

Class - 2 exam are scheduled to be held on December 19, 20 21.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?