28th June 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

What type of questions are asked for Government bank jobs?

1) what are the type of questions asked in Government Bank jobs after completing Bsc statistics degree???
2) How to apply or register for Government Bank exams??? Can you please help me with my questions?

29th June 2016, 12:27 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What type of questions are asked for Government bank jobs?

1) what are the type of questions asked in Government Bank jobs after completing Bsc statistics degree???

In India millions of candidates apply for the Bank jobs every year. Their preferable posts are Probationary officer & Clerk. When one is facing this job has to be strong in 5 subjects because questions come from those subjects only. Subjects are:-
1. Aptitude
2.Reasoning
3.English
4. General Awareness
5. Computer Applications.

If you are good in all these subjects then crack the exam. & last have to face interview. To only pass the exam will not secure your place to face interview, you must score more than 75-80% all together then you will reach to interview. Because candidates calls for the interview on the basis of cut off marks.

Buy banking books to prepare & join coaching classes for the same. Below I have mentioned books with their author names. Books will cost you between INR 300 to 500/-

1.R.S Aggrawal
2.M.K.Pandey
3.Nem Singh
4.Abhijit Guha
5.P Gupta
6.SBI PO & Clerk books
7.IBPS PO & Clerk books
8.IBPS 101 speed test

2) How to apply or register for Government Bank exams??? Can you please help me with my questions?

Below I have attached IBPS & SBI Po exam notification for your reference. In that you will get full information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CWE_PO_V_Detailed_Advt.pdf(228.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf SBI PO 2016.pdf(235.9 KB, 13 views)
29th June 2016, 02:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Many of the government banks recruit through IBPS. The IBPS conducts Common Written Test and Interview for the selection of Clerks and Probationary Officer. There are Preliminary and Main examinations in the written test of Clerks. The Preliminary examination is online and 1 hour duration. The Main examination is also online 2 hours duration. Negative marking will be imposed for wrong answers.

The Preliminary Examination contains the 100 questions and 100 marks in the following;
  • English Language – 30 questions and 30 marks
  • Numerical Ability – 35 questions and 35 marks
  • Reasoning Ability - 35 questions and 35 marks

Main Examination contains 200 questions and 200 marks;
  • Reasoning – 40 questions and 40 marks
  • English language - 40 questions and 40 marks
  • Quantitative Aptitude - 40 questions and 40 marks
  • General Awareness with Special reference to Banking industry - 40 questions and 40 marks
  • Computer Knowledge - 40 questions and 40 marks
29th June 2016, 06:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The recruitment in nationalized banks is done on basis of performance of a candidate in Common Written examination conducted by Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. Through Common written exam of IBPS, recruitment in more than 20 nationalized banks for post of clerk and Probationary officer is done. Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification required for that.

The entrance examination consists of three stages, first is Preliminary examination, mains examination and last is interview. Questions in this exam is asked from areas like General Intelligence and Reasoning, Aptitude, English and knowledge of computer fundamentals. You need to clear all these three stages to get job in any bank as a clerk or PO.

Notification is released on official website of IBPS, at present there is no notification, you can visit website for latest updates that is http://www.ibps.in.
29th June 2016, 06:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The question in banking entrance examination are same for candidates of all discipline. Candidates have to qualify in written as well as interview stages for final selection.

The examination contains question of Reasoning, Mental Ability, General knowledge, English, General Science, Computer Science, Data Interpretation etc.

So, to qualify in it you have to work hard on these topics. For syllabus visit at official website www.ibps in.

The application form for entrance examination will be also available at official website.
29th June 2016, 07:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Type of Questions that are asked in Government sector bank jobs:

Most of the questions that you can expect from the below mentioned topics
* Quantitative Aptitude
* General Awareness/ Banking Awareness/ Current Affairs
* Reasoning Ability
* Computer Awareness
* General English

* Question related in Quantitative Aptitude:-
> Quadratic Equation
> Data Interpretation
> Arithmetic Word Problems
> Approximation
> Simplification

* Questions related in General Awareness/ Banking Awareness/ Current Affairs:-
Current Affairs for past 3 to 4 months
Banking Awareness

* Questions related in Reasoning Ability:-
> Puzzles
> Seating Arrangement
> Coding-Decoding
> Alpha Numeric Series
> Data Sufficiency
> Logical Deductions
> Input-Output
> Blood Relation

* Questions related in Computer Awareness:-
Fundamentals
Hardware
MS Office
Internet

* Questions related in General English:-
> Para Jumbles
> Reading Comprehension
> Cloze Test
> Spelling Correction
> Errors

IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is an examination conducting agency which recruits candidates in huge number for several vacancies namely IBPS Clerk Recruitment, IBPS PO Recruitment, IBPS SO recruitment and IBPS RRB Recruitment's. I am providing you the official notification of IBPS where you can find all the details of Applying Procedure and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?