19th January 2016, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Admission in Chemical engineering after 130 marks in JEE mains? Will I get admission in VNIT?

I am getting 130 marks in jee mains. Will I get admission in vnit? Will I get admission in chemical engineering? If not then in which Field can I get admission?

23rd January 2017, 05:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in Chemical engineering after 130 marks in JEE mains? Will I get admission in VNIT?

It will depend on the rank, if your rank in JEE main is good enough, then you will be definitely eligible for admission at VNIT through counselling. 130 marks is not an excellent score but can be good enough to get admission at any private college.

If you are looking for admission at any government college, then this score might not be good enough for you.
31st January 2017, 06:47 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: Admission in Chemical engineering after 130 marks in JEE mains? Will I get admission in VNIT?

I am sorry to say but 130 in JEE Mains is not good enough for you to get an admission in VNIT . Also, you have not mentioned your 12th standard board exam results.
You must have a minimum of 75% in your 12th standard or 65% for OBC to be likely to be in the top 20 percentile of your board. Below that it is not even possible for you irrespective of your board to be in the top 20 percentile.

Even if you are in the top 20 percentile of your board, 130 is not enough for VNIT.
With these marks, the rank you are likely to get will be around 50,000.
The last cut-off for VNIT i.e after round 6 the last rank that got into VNIT last year was 32,360 and that too in Mining engineering.

These cut-offs change every year but never drastically. So this rank may go up to 35,000 but that will still not ensure your admission there.
So, I am sorry to say that you will have to try your luck in some other university.
17th April 2017, 12:23 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> It depends on cutoff rank set by college management in that specific year .
-> you have to wait until you get the rank allotment .
-> probably you may get seat if the students applying for the course which you applied are less than the vacancies .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?