12th April 2015, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE general category?

I have a very simple doubt that whether can i get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE of general category???

12th April 2015, 09:27 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE general category?

No you can't get any good reputed or recognized college / university in those marks but you can easily get any private college for btech
As you mention that You belongs to general category so there are no reservation for general category
If you really wanna go for btech then go for private college or try again next time with good preparation
12th April 2015, 09:27 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

So sorry, You are not applicable.

IIT JEE exam is conducted by IIT for the intake of students to under graduate engineering courses at top institutions like IITs an NITs. It is a national level exam conducted once in a year.

Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two stages namely

>>JEE Main

>>JEE Advanced

Only 12th passed candidates with PCM stream can apply for JEE Mains.

Only who have passed Mains will be applicable for Advanced.

Since, you being a general category candidate, you must have atleast 180 marks in JEE Mains to appear for Advanced level.
12th April 2015, 02:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to get admission in the best institute as in government colleges of Central and state or even in the best private colleges on scoring only 55 marks in JEE Mains paper in reserved category.
The expected cut off marks for general category are 120 marks .
But still there are hundreds of Engineering colleges are waiting for you .

So I suggest you take admission in any college without making a gap . But if you think that you can crack JEE Mains next years by taking a year for preparation then you can .
The questions are of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 360 marks only .
12th April 2015, 06:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you can not get admission in IITs or NITs after scoring 55 marks in your JEE MAINS examination being a general candidate .

As for admission in these colleges you must have to qualify at least the JEE MAINS examination whose qualification marks is expected to be around 120 marks - 125 marks for general candidate for this year which is much beyond your personal expected marks in the same examination . The expected marks is based on the qualification marks of previous years .

But you do not have to worry much about this and should look to do well in your state board engineering entrance examinations and other private college engineering entrance examination so that you get admitted in good college for your better future .
12th April 2015, 10:38 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a very simple doubt that whether can i get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE of general category???
JEE is Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IITs for B.E/B.Tech admissions to IITs and NITs.

It is conducted in two phases namely Mains and Advanced.

Those who clear Mains, can apply for NITs counselling for B.E/B.Tech admission and Advanced level.

Those who clear Advanced , can apply for IITs counselling for B.E/B.Tech admission.

Since, you being a general category candidate can not get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?