28th May 2016, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in AIPMT to further study MBBS being a Physics graduate?

Dear Sir,
I have completed my B.Sc(H) in Physics. Maths was my subsidiary subject and Chemistry was an elective subject. But now I want to do MBBS. So what are the eligibility criteria for appearing in AIPMT for me? Am I eligible to appear in AIPMT?

29th May 2016, 09:01 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in AIPMT to further study MBBS being a Physics graduate?

AIPMT is a national level exam which is conducted every year for getting admission in different medical colleges across country. You have completed B.Sc in Physics and want to know about the eligibility criteria for appearing in AIPMT. Yes definitely you are eligible for appearing in the entrance exam.

>>The eligibility criteria for B.Sc student is that student must pass B.Sc. Examination from an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

>> The age limit for giving this entrance exam is 17- 25 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given as per govt. norms.

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, exam pattern then you can go through the detailed advertisement of AIPMT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aipmt brochure.pdf(2.41 MB, 23 views)
29th May 2016, 09:09 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in AIPMT to further study MBBS being a Physics graduate?

AIPMT has been replaced by NEET from this year.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

You can appear for the exam if you satisfy the undermentioned eligibility criteria for the NEET :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.

-The candidate minimum age limit to apply for the exam should be 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination and the upper age limit is 25 years. The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC/SC/ST candidates by 5 years.
29th May 2016, 09:55 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in AIPMT examination, you must have passed 12th standard with minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology and also you must have passed English in the Qualifying Examination from a recognised Board. So, being a B.Sc. (H) Physics graduate, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
29th May 2016, 11:33 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you have completed 12th Class with the following subjects then I am sure you are eligible to appear in AIPMT Entrance Examination. The basic educational qualification required is given below.

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern with the below subjects only are eligible.
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Biology or Bio-Technology

>> You have mentioned the subjects you did during Graduate level, but you have not mentioned the subjects you studied in 12th Class. So If you have passed 12th with the above subjects then you are eligible.

>> On the other hand, if you have completed 12th Class with the subjects, English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physical Education then you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT Exam.
29th May 2016, 02:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing which I would like to make you clear that from this academic session AIPMT, State PMTs and other medical entrance examination has been replaced by a single common entrance examination NEET.

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is going to be held once every year by CBSE for admission in the gover((nment medical college for the courses of MBBS and BDS.

** For appearing in the same examination, you need to have the qualifications given below ;-

--> You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST and PH candidates.

--> You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST and PH candidates it must be within 40% aggregate ) from a recognized institute.

So being a Physics graduate with Mathematics and Chemistry as subsidiary subjects you are not eligible for the same course as MBBS course requires Biology in your academics for must.
29th May 2016, 03:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

Instead of AIPMT, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be conducted now. You can apply for NEET that will be held on 24th July and eligibility criteria is:

1. Candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2 and scored at least 50% marks.

2. Minimum age on 31st December of year of exam is 17 years. Upper age limit is 25 years.

You can apply for NEET exam if you meet above two criteria.
29th May 2016, 04:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have completed my B.Sc(H) in Physics. Maths was my subsidiary subject and Chemistry was an elective subject. But now I want to do MBBS. So what are the eligibility criteria for appearing in AIPMT for me? Am I eligible to appear in AIPMT?
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for AIPMT entrance exam.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

If you have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for AIPMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years
29th May 2016, 07:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*AIPMT is All India Pre Medical Test. For this examination, 10+2 with physics, chemistry and Biology is necessary. If you have Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% then you can apply for AIPMT which is replaced by National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

*The upper age limit for AIPMT examination is 25 years. If you meet above criteria then you can apply for NEET exam. 10+2 is academic qualification required for NEET exam not bachelor's degree.
29th May 2016, 09:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For AIPMT or any other medical entrance exam you need to have studied physics, chemistry and biology at class 12th level.

As you have said that you have studied only physics, chemistry and maths which makes your case weak to appear for medical entrance exam. You can only go for engineering entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?