25th October 2018, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if pursuing BSc(Computer Science) course? Stream related to Computer Science in MBA?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying BSc(Computer Science). I want to join MBA after my BSc(Computer Science). So, I would like to know that I am eligible for CAT or not? If I have a chance to study MBA then which stream is related to my branch of education?

30th October 2018, 08:40 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if pursuing BSc(Computer Science) course? Stream related to Computer Science in MBA?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA after BSc(Computer Science) course. Candidate who have a Bachelor's Degree with minimum 50 percent marks in aggregate in any stream from any recognized university are eligible to apply for CAT. Final year/semester graduation students are also eligible to apply for CAT. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD category are given relaxation of 5 percent in graduation marks.

Stream related to Computer Science in MBA are:
Finance
Marketing
Human resource
behavioral economics
31st October 2018, 07:10 AM
isha1203

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if pursuing BSc(Computer Science) course? Stream related to Computer Science in MBA?

Yes, you are eligible for CAT entrance test. The streams available in MBA is quite different. it mostly relates to management aspects such as HR, marketing, finance, operations, etc. So you will have to decide during the second year of MBA for which one you want to go.
31st October 2018, 10:00 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if pursuing BSc(Computer Science) course? Stream related to Computer Science in MBA?

CAT is Common Admission Test. The entrance examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised board.

The minimum required aggregate is 50%. Candidates in final year of bachelor course are also eligible to appear in examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination and after completion will become eligible for admission in MBA course.
31st October 2018, 11:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, bachelor degree in any discipline is eligible to appear for CAT examination to get admission in MBA course.

Other required criteria to appear in the examination is 50% marks in bachelor degree. There is no age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination. You have to appear and qualify in the examination with best percentile score to get admission in top business school.
31st October 2018, 11:14 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CAT is Common Admission Test.

The eligibility criteria for CAT exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in streams like science, commerce, computer application, business administration etc from a recognized university.

2. You must have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

You can apply for CAT exam for MBA course after B.Sc course. Finance, Human Resource, Marketing are top streams of MBA.
31st October 2018, 01:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test. It is conducted for admission in MBA course in different business institute.

As you have the bachelor degree qualification you are eligible to appear in entrance examination. After qualifying in the examination you will become eligible for admission.

There is no age limit to get admission in the course. Examination is conducted by IIM.
31st October 2018, 06:13 PM
eshab

Post Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if pursuing BSc(Computer Science) course? Stream related to Computer Science in MBA?

Yes anyone can join MBA after they have completed their degree. CAT can be given by anyone. You will have to prepare for it through coaching. You can go for streams like Operations or Computer applications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?