26th October 2019, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible become an Indian Army Officer with 5.1 feet height being a BCom 1st year student?

Hello Sir, my height is 5 feet and 1 inch. I am studying in BCom 1st year and my aim is to join Indian Army as an Officer. Can I know about the eligibility for me to join Indian Army with such height?

31st October 2019, 09:38 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible become an Indian Army Officer with 5.1 feet height being a BCom 1st year student?

Being 5 feet and 1 inch tall (i.e; around 153 cm tall), you are certainly eligible to join Indian Army as an officer as far as the minimum height requirement for the same is concerned which is 152 cm in case of male candidates while 150 cm in case of female candidates.

Further, to join Indian Army as an officer, you are required to qualify either NDA (National Defense Academy) examination or CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination to join NDA or IMA respectively. For details regarding mentioned examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2019, 01:01 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible become an Indian Army Officer with 5.1 feet height being a BCom 1st year student?

Eligibility to become an Indian Army Officer:

Educational Qualification: To be eligible for joining NDA you should be passed 10+2 in any stream.

Age Limits. 16-1/2 to 19 years.

Nationality. Indian.

Gender. Only male candidates can join the services through NDA.

Height: For male 152 cm.

Yes, you are eligible to become an Indian Army Officer with 5.1 feet height being a BCom 1st year student.
31st October 2019, 05:23 PM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

To join INDIAN ARMY ,the candidate should have the following eligibility :-

1)Candidates should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board.

2)only unmaried male candidates are eligible.

3)PCM subjects are compulsory in your 12th standard.

4)Candidates should be a citizen of india.

5)Candidates should be physically fit.

6)Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1)Written test,

2)SSB interview,

3)Medical test.
1st November 2019, 11:49 AM
EduXpert

No, you can't become an Indian Army Officer with 5.1 feet height. The minimum height required is 5.5 feet for any Indian Army job.

Even if you clear the written exam, they will reject your during the physical test which will measure the height of the candidate.
1st November 2019, 02:35 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes of course you can join the Indian army as the minimum height requirement is 152 cms. To join Indian army you can give NDA exam after completing your intermediate in PCM or you can give CDS exam after completing your graduation in any stream.

If you really want to join Indian army then you should be physically fit and your weight should be according to your height.

Thanks
2nd November 2019, 09:59 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes of course you can join the Indian army as the minimum height requirement is 152 cms. To join Indian army you can give NDA exam after completing your intermediate in PCM or you can give CDS exam after completing your graduation in any stream.

If you really want to join Indian army then you should be physically fit and your weight should be according to your height.

Thanks
2nd November 2019, 05:33 PM
Satendra urf Sattu

1. Minimum height required to join Indian army for a male candidate as an officer is 152 centimetres that is 4 feet 11.

2.Candidates must be between 21 and 27 years of age.

3. Candidate should be fit physically and mentally.

You may visit www.toppr.com for more information.
3rd November 2019, 09:07 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Thanks
6th August 2022, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Can 5.1 foot girl join the indian army. Please reply me
6th August 2022, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Can 5.1 foot girl join the indian army. Please reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?